OT wedding question

jspencer1014
on 9/3/11 5:42 pm - Riverdale, GA
For those of you that got married before you had your WLS, has anyone thought of having, wants to have or already had a "do over" as a renewal ceremony once you reached your goal weight?
"It's not what is taken from you that counts. It's what you do with what you have left."-Hubert Humphrey

wendygail
on 9/3/11 8:40 pm - Live Oak, FL
I have thought about it, and even mentioned it to my husband. He told me flat out NO!! His reason, he didn't want to have to put on a suit. It didn't make me mad or upset, I actually laughed. He did say that he might consider renewing our vows at 20 or 25 years. We've been married 15. So something to look forward to.
 It's a great day to be alive.        
Kelly S.
on 9/3/11 11:05 pm - MA
 I've wanted a do-over for a long time ~ my photographer sucked and we had our wedding on a Sunday, so people went home early.  Oh, and my dress was a size 28.

Our plan is to have a vow renewal for our 10th ~ we've been married 7 years (on the 19th), so that gives me a couple of years to finish losing, get into maintenance mode, have plastics done and plan a fabulous party.

My husband is on board, though he jokes that he doesn't understand why we need a vow renewal, he wasn't under the impression that they expired (lol!)...

Cherylkas
on 9/3/11 11:36 pm - PA
 We are planning to do a renewal of vows on our 10th. We are coming up on our 8th this month. So I can get to where I wanna be and all that. We are thinking of doing a beach ceremony.
 Come visit me on my bloghttp://apeekintomytreehouse.com/ 

Start weight 282, Surgery weight 265, Current weight 131, Goal weight 140 

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.  Eleanor Roosevelt

Donna R.
on 9/4/11 12:04 am - Ocala, FL

I wanted to do a vow renewal on my 25th Anniversary in 2010, but this was before my surgery.  So now a yr later and down 185 lbs, I will definetly consider it.  My next goal is my son's military ball at his school where my husband and I will be chaperones.  I can't wait to shop for my formal dress.  I hope to be at my goal by then.

Donna

Donna "Embrace the Journey"
AUGUST 18, 2010 "The First Day of the Rest (BEST) of my Life"

HW/SW/CW/GW  -  380/362/178/1??
Proudtobaloser
on 9/4/11 12:30 am - Fayetteville, NC
we are going to do it at year 10. Been married for four years this year. SO I have 6 years to do what I need to. I already have the patterns for my dress and as soon as I get to a certain size and can maintain it then I will make the dress and maybe we will renew sooner.

As a single person we make but a whisper, as a crowd we make a roar. A friend.
"I never claimed to be an expert at such matters, but I am an expert at giving my opinion."- My dad

talula216
on 9/4/11 12:30 am - RI
RNY on 01/16/12
My Daughter asked me the same question. I am still a pre-op but have no intentions of doing a vow renewal. regarless of how small i get.  We have been married 18 years. I wore a size 26 wedding dress.  When I walk into the church there was not a dry eye.  Our reception is still talked about 18 years later everyone had a blast.  We even had people from other receptions coming in because we were having so much fun. 
I dont think I could have any better of a time or wedding. Even in a smaller wedding dress,  Althought she would like us to so she can be a part of it. But maybe at the 25th

Talula
Starting weight 369

pouch_potato
on 9/4/11 1:31 am - PA
S/o and I got married in 2000, divorced in 2004, stayed BFFs and got back together last year. So a do-over is a real possibility :) We were both at our roly-polyest when we got married (me 290+, him 400+). Plus, the barber shaved off his beard and the seamstress left my dress way too big. I doubt I'd wear white again though. I'm thinking red, lapis, or teal.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers Notes:
aseg21
on 9/4/11 1:48 am - Miami, FL
I informed my husband before I ever had surgery that I really, really, really wanted to re-do my bridal pictures after I lost the weight. A couple weeks ago I checked on having my dress altered and it's just not that possible. From a 32 to a 12/14! So I'm going to try and lose 20 more and borrow my younger sisters dress. She was a size 10. I think it's a fabulous idea!

Lowest Weight: 145 lbs
Current weight: 148.6 lbs

Total Loss: 226 lbs

Samantha L.
on 9/4/11 2:00 am - Petaluma, CA
Well, I get a do over no matter what.  LOL.  It turns out that the person who performed our ceremony never sent off the paperwork, so... no marriage.   (We realized it when we didn't get our marriage certificate in the mail.  Did some checking and SURPRISE!)

We are going to wait until I am done losing and he is out of Basic Training.  (So, we're thinking April). 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 323 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 243 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 310 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views