Biotine...which one and does it work?????

kim_in_alabama
on 9/5/11 7:47 am

I have short hair as it is, but I want to know if taking biotine by mouth or using in shampoo or conditioner form will help make it a little thicker?  Which do you all recommend?

Losing weight, trying to get my sexy back!!!!!

HW:306  SW:291  CW: 265  GW:165      
Price S.
on 9/5/11 8:06 am - Mills River, NC
I've been taking 5mg 2x a day since a month or so before surgery.  I still lost hair.  It's coming back in ok but it didn't stop me from losing hair.  It did start later than some folks report but went for longer also.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

hlacy
on 9/5/11 8:08 am - Chandler, AZ
I think the opinion on it is mixed - some people swear by it, some people find it is a waste of money. I think the most important thing is to make sure you get all your vitamins and protein in. But, some still lose hair no matter what, temporarily, as the result of surgery, and it can't be prevented. 
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

Lisa R.
on 9/5/11 9:05 am - CA
 Take Biotin everyday and have since before surgery.  Losing lots and lots of hair.  It's hard, I hate it.  I ask everyone if my hair looks ok and so far everyone is continuing to lie to me and tell me it's fine...LOL  But, I still take the Biotin cause I have this fear that if I stop I will go totally bald.

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
candie33
on 9/5/11 9:11 am
 I take biotin everyday....I still lost hair.  I started losing around the 4th month and it leased up around the 7th month.  I still have some shedding but I also started taking zinc and silica   

mickeypal
on 9/5/11 9:52 am - Tell City, IN
I take Biotine every day and use the shampoe and conditioner.  I still lost hair around 4 months, but now (6 months) new hair is coming in.  My hairdresser gave me a great cut to hide the thinning hair.
Surgery 3/1/2011

shellbell75
on 9/5/11 12:22 pm
I talked to my hairdresser about it and she said that taking the oral was fine. I asked her about the shampoo's and conditioners and she told me save my money. Even taking the pills it's no guarantee that your hair wont fall out.

I do know that if my hair starts falling out really bad (it hasn't started YET) I'm fixing to get myself a wig.
**SHELLY**   HW: 316   SW: 256   GW: 125  CW: 118       

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 324 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 246 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 312 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 5 replies · 92 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??