Feeling Low

AmberLee72
on 9/7/11 1:30 am
I knew I would be a slow loser. I just knew it. It freaks me out because I am nervous that I will not lose the weight I need to. I feel like I changed my whole life around and may still fail. It makes no sense that Im losing so slow. Maybe its just because the people I know that have had it all lost pretty quickly. I guess that makes me feel more alone. 2 of them lost 100lbs in 6 months and the other was at 72lbs down at my point. I lost 24lbs pre op so all together I have lost 67lbs....but since my surgery on June 22nd I have lost 43lbs. I thought I would have lost a little more by now. I will be 12 weeks out next Wednesday. I'm not sure if I will even make it to a 10lb loss this month. Its really depressing. Not sure what else to do. Maybe just do shakes. I dunno. Somethings gotta give.
HappyMango
on 9/7/11 1:54 am - FL
*hugs*  I'm sorry you are feeling blue.

I know the vets on the site will ask what you are eating so they can give some pointers.  Also there is such a thing as eating too few calories (I've seen that a lot on the people who comment on how slowly they are loosing)...then your messing with your overall metabolism. 

Have you talked to the nutritionist? 

marshall65
on 9/7/11 1:57 am
Sounds to me like you are right on track. Don't get discouraged you are doing wonderful. Some people just lose faster than others. I am typically a slow loser too so I can understand your frustration but you are doing great just keep up the good work!
Diana C.
on 9/7/11 1:58 am - Austin, TX
RNY on 06/28/11 with
I know what you mean about being a slow loser.  I had surgery on 06/28 and have lost 36 lbs so far.  I think that's great!  But then I see all the posts here on OH and see everyone else losing weight way quicker than I am.  All I can say is that I've given up trying to compare and compete.  I'm just being me and losing weight at MY pace.  And if I only lose 1 lb this week? Oh well! A loss is a loss.  It really is all in the attitude.  Don't worry, as long as you're following your surgeon's plan and getting the protein you need and exercising you will eventually lose the weight.  Don't forget, a 1lb loss is still a loss!  Hang in there hun!

Joanne M.
on 9/7/11 2:24 am - VA
RNY on 03/16/11 with
I totally get your feelings but look at it this way.  You are averaging 3.58 pounds lost a WEEK.  That is amazing.  You lost 24 before surgery!

I lost 29 pounds before surgery and 82 in almost 6 months.  Don't compare yourself with others because I did that and it stressed me out - which could impact your weight lose Just be happy that your a losing.

Smile.

InkdSpEdTchr
on 9/7/11 2:28 am
I know you cant help it, we all do it, but the less time you spend comparing yourself to others- the happier you will be.

In a year, you won't care about the rate at which you lost...cuz you'll just be so happy that you've lost it. Look at how far you've come, you've already lost DOUBLE what you lost pre-op and in a few months you'll be down 100lbs...you're over halfway there!

Don't resort to anything drastic, just stick to your doctors plan (it will work) and increase your exercise. The more you move the more you'll want to keep moving and you can focus on your fitness goals instead of some silly number that changes daily.

Keep your head up...and be patient...it will come off!

:Danni

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

mellasmomma0709
on 9/7/11 2:40 am - IL
dont be so hard on yourself you are diong great-its hard not to compare ourselves to others but try not to.You are rockin your tool and will soon start to see it...hope you feel better soon
Loving this new life, just trying to figure it all out and take it all in day by day!!!
cajungirl
on 9/7/11 3:25 am
Take a deep breathe.

You've lost 3.58 lbs per week since your surgery this is more than average for a weekly loss.  Please don't compare yourself, yes some people do lose quicker than others there is no rhyme or reason either.

Continue to follow your plan.  Are you logging your intake, drinking sufficient liquids, taking your vitamins and exercising?  I'll admit I hate exercise and I haven't done any consistantly but I do move around a lot and I'm on the go just about every day.  If you are doing what you should you are going to continue to lose weight.

Again, deep breathe!

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Michelle L.
on 9/7/11 4:26 am, edited 9/7/11 4:28 am - Phoenix, AZ
Look at it this way: You've lost 67 pounds so far! 67 pounds!!!  That's amazing progress. It WILL come off. Don't worry about time frames. Just eat the way your doc/nut tells you, get some regular exercise, and the weight will take care of itself.

Take a look at my ticker: That's what I've lost since December, so I had a six month head start on you. The weight loss does slow down, but it'll be a while before it stops for you or slows down to the point where it is for me.

I'm losing about a pound a month now, but that's OK because the overall trend is still down rather than up. 

AmberLee72
on 9/7/11 5:20 am
Thank you all for the support. I just get so discouraged. I'm not loving this journey so far. I guess I get nervous because I still have SO MUCH to lose. Ugh I dunno. Hopefully I get out of this funk reaaaal quick.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 323 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 243 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 310 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views