Wegmans! Any Favorites?

babybooo828
on 9/13/11 10:43 pm
Where I live, a Wegmans has been being built for the last year. Finally, on Septembet 18 they will be opening. I cannot wait to go there and look and see what I can get.

Do you have any favorite products that are specific to Wegmans that you just love or cannot live without?

I have RH, so I am really excited to find some better things like cerials or whole grain tortillas. I know cerial isn't the best for us, but every now and then, I love a good bowl of cerial.  I love the whole grain tortillas to make pizza, and of course to eat chicken fajiatas or chicken tacos or even for wraps.

I would love to hear of your favorite products.

(deactivated member)
on 9/13/11 11:34 pm
 they have wonderful  pre sliced  fresh and tasty  super lean roast beef  and other cold cuts .  The best roast beef anywheer though in my  opinion ! 

cmauler1
on 9/13/11 11:42 pm
I too will be checking out the new Wegman's!!  Probably will stay far away on the Grand Opening on the 18th, though!!  I think everyone in HA county will be there!!! LOL!!  But I'm excited to see what I can find there, though they are pricey, they have some wonderful stuff.

~Chrissy
Surgery May 23, 2011- WooHoo!!!!!!

jazzycatz
on 9/14/11 5:57 am - Joppa, MD
Have you signed up for your card and  all that yet?  Got mine in the mail the other day.  Also coupons.  Oh and a voucher for a shopping bag.  What the heck I can always use another reuseable shopping bag. 

I worked in retail for a long time and everytime we opened a store we would have a "soft" opening.  We were open for business but it was a couple of days before the big Grand Opening.  I was wondering if perhaps Wegman's might do the same. 

I think I will cruise by Friday morning and see what's what. 

Cynthia L.
on 9/14/11 12:10 am - Clarence, NY
Congrats on your new Wegmans!!!  I live in the Buffalo, NY area and (believe it or not) I bring
out-of-town guests to see it, because it's THAT awesome.  Once they see it, they don't feel so bad that I moved to the frozen north.

Mine is a super Wegmans with a large Kosher area, so I'm not sure if yours will have this, but if it does check out the Roasted Kosher Chickens, BBQ style.  (there are regular roasted chickens at all Wegmans, but these are brined and superior!)

I eat that chicken with some Frank's Hot Sauce and celery and it's like eating the best chicken wings ever.  (well, without the Blu, but that's ok)

I save the carcasses until I have 3-4, and then my husband makes homemade chicken broth from that, and with that broth he makes Chicken giblet, mushroom and white wine Risotto (yes, he's Italian)

To Wegmans!!!

-Cyn

chrissie_hynde_kitty_std-2-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castleBad boys get spanked. - Chrissie Hynde Lifeposter-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castle

Kristi D.
on 9/14/11 12:58 am - Buffalo, NY
They have individually packaged, marinated chicken breasts that I LOVE!!  Obviously they are more pricey than plain boneless, skinless breasts, but I am a lazy cook.  They have all different flavors.  I highly reccomend the terriaky or honey mustard.  Also, the lemon garlic and rosemary balsamic are pretty good.  They also have marinated pork roasts in the same flavors.  We had lemon garlic pork roast from the crock pot last night.  It was good, but not as good as some of the other flavors.

Kristi

HW:276   SW:255   CW:201  LW:165  GW:140

Cynthia L.
on 9/14/11 5:41 am - Clarence, NY
I second your emotion.  They're GREAT!

-Cyn, Sheridan Road Wegmans = second home

chrissie_hynde_kitty_std-2-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castleBad boys get spanked. - Chrissie Hynde Lifeposter-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castle

Waysta
on 9/14/11 1:11 am - TX
I LOVE Wegman's and miss it even though I have NEVER even lived near one !!  :)
My son and family lived in Buffalo, NY for 8 years and I would shop there when I visited.
I am jealous that you are getting a Wegman's ....enjoy !!!!!!
Slow and steady !!!!  Have a Blessed Day !!!!!!                             
Sweetn9277
on 9/14/11 5:53 am - NY
Ive been wanting to get over to Wegman's to try their Tofu spaghetti noodles....http://www.wegmans.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisp lay?langId=-1&storeId=10052&catalogId=10002&productId=366556

Spaghetti shaped noodle substitute. 20 calories; 3 g carbs; 2 g fiber per serving.  No cholesterol, no sugar, gluten-free, vegan, guilt-free. Perishable. Do not freeze. Hungry girl approved. This product has been deemed an excellent guilt-free noodle substitute by Hungry Girl. Use it in soups, stir-fries, casseroles and pasta dishes. No preservatives. This product is made from soybeans and yam flour that were not genetically engineered.

Let me know if you try them and what you think!   

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 238 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 354 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 23 replies · 106 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 237 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 131 views
Recent Topics