Wow I Need New Clothes..I love it!!

Rachael Richardson
on 9/24/11 2:17 pm - Alexandria , VA
RNY on 06/20/11 with

I am so grateful I had the opportunity to have this surgery!  I have lost 50 lbs since June 20th yipee!!!! hang in there newly post op folks I was where you are a few months ago and yes post op is hard and can be painful.  I believe the pain, fear and facing the unknown was all worth it!! 

I am so excited when I walk into stores and realize  I can  fit the clothing.  Wed. I bought my first outfit from Ann Taylor. Size 12 pants (curvy fit) and a medium sweater top.  I honestly could not believe it.  First I tried on the sixteen pants and realized ...they are to big!! 

Really I do no to want to buy anything because I am still loosing rapidly. However, I really have nothing that fits anymore for fall to wear to work.  I have to admit even if buy yourself something new while you are still loosing it is kind of a treat because we deserve to see ourselves in clothing that months ago we could not even fit.  

Again, I love it!!!

Donna

Ladytazz
on 9/24/11 2:37 pm
I am a thrift store junkie but that is the best place to get things on the way down.  You would be surprised at some of the quality stuff they have there.  There are also higher end consignment shops that have better clothes for more money.  If you have things that don't fit you any more that is in good shape you could always take them there and get credit for new things.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Mrs-Quiggle
on 9/24/11 7:03 pm - United Kingdom
Well done thats brilliant, I can't wait for that buzz of going into shops and buying what I want rather than what I can find in my size.

Do you have charity shops over there, ie. shops where people donate their unwanted items to be sold to raise money for a certain charity.  I used to be the manager of a Cancer Research Campaign shop before I had the children and some of the stuff we used to get given was fantastic.  I love spending an afternoon browsing around charity shops for a bargain.  Unfortunatley you never get much in very large sizes and most of what you do get is worn to death cause its hard to find if you know what I mean.  I see some gorgeous small size clothes that I wish I could buy so when I've had my op you'll know where to find me   Great for the inbetween times when you don't want to spend loads of money on expensive clothes that wont fit you a couple of months down the line.

Mrs Quiggle xxx

Rachael Richardson
on 9/25/11 2:53 am - Alexandria , VA
RNY on 06/20/11 with
I am trying to find some thrift stores around here, however, we do not have a lot.  I am going to post on the VA forum and see any northern va people have any ideas.  I agree with you Lane Bryant's prices were allways higher and the selection was allways limited.  They take advantage of women who need the clothing and I think it is very unfair! 
EthelMae
on 9/25/11 5:08 am - MD

~Barb
Highest - 279 (08/2009)     Program Weight - 256 (03/10)  Surgery Weight - 232 (05/24/11)     

Rachael Richardson
on 9/27/11 2:03 am - Alexandria , VA
RNY on 06/20/11 with
Thanks this is very helpful!
Most Active
Recent Topics