Finally starting my workout !!!!!

kim_in_alabama
on 10/6/11 5:29 am
I haven't been working out like I should since surgery.  So it's been slow weight loss for me, but inches I'm getting narrow (yeah).  There was not a gym in my small town and I walked rather got chased by dogs when I did walk.  That quickly stopped.  I moved about a month and a hal*****o a bigger town with a workout center. Zumba, weights, cardio the works.... but it cost $65.00 a month for family membership.  And since we had just moved and had to get the kids ready to go back to school. 

Money was really tight, but Tuesday I went and signed us up for a membership and I can make the payments on the membership and as soon as I can get the paperwork sent to corporate they will pay up to $30 for the membership so I will only have to pay $35.

I think this will jump start my weight loss, I take my first zumba class today and I can't wait.  I have gone through my clothes and I'm feeling great seeing that I can fit back into stuff I wore years ago. 

What is so funny is that it's been so long that my clothes went and came back in style....whoa loving it.  I will see where I will be at by the end of the month in getting the scale to move. 

Like I said I'm losing inches, but just to see the numbers come down on that scale will be uplifting for me.

Time to get my workout ON!!!!!

HW:306  SW:291  CW: 265  GW:165      
erikapoindexter
on 10/6/11 5:43 am - VA
Good for you!  Working out is such a huge part of the proces and you will be so excited about the pound loss on the scale, and more importantly,  how good you feel after a good workout.  Never thought I would say that, but I really like the slight burn and soreness after a great workout! 

Good luck to you!

Erika
Starting weight, 379lbs
Current weight, 175lbs, lowest weight 155lbs

Gastric Bypass: January 4, 2004
Lower body lift: January 2005
Arm and Breast Life: October 2005
Holly O.
on 10/6/11 7:14 am - FL
Excellent!!  Go for it!!!
   Holly                                      
evacheryl1959
on 10/6/11 10:07 am - OH
 Good luck to you and keep up the good work!
Cheryl D.
on 10/7/11 12:09 am - Wapakoneta, OH
RNY on 06/15/11 with
Please be consistent with it.  There are weeks that go by, when I can't make myself
go to the gym.  After work, I am so tired, all I want to do is relax.  When I get up for work,
I work 12 1/2 hour shifts on nights, I can't get up early enough to go before work.  Trying
to conserve my strength for the night. 
This week I made myself go 4 times.  I do feel better when I go. 
I can blame it on my daughter. From August 15th, to Sept. 23rd, she would come over every day, and we would go work out, and then swim everyday.  Sept. 23rd, she went back to
college classes 3 days a week, and hasn't come by to go work out.  She was my support
person.
Monday, my husband is getting trained on the equipment, so he will be my support to
push me to go.  My shift does not allow me to get to the Zumba classes.  They are held at
8am and 5:30pm.  I leave my house at 6:00pm to go to work, and don't get home most days until after 8am.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 323 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 243 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 310 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views