Unflavored Protein Feedback

Onmyweightohappine
ss

on 10/10/11 11:47 pm - Houston, TX
Morning everyone!

I was looking into buying some unflavored protein to add to certain foods or even drinks if I need to get a boost of extra protein, I do typically well of getting in 80-100 grams of protein in a day through food but it all depends on food choice. Anyways wanted everyones feedback on their favorite unflavored protein feedback?

I also came across this brand, great deal and read good reviews on it anyone have any experience with it?

http://www.vitacost.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Natural-Whey-Protein

Follow my blog at:
onmyweightohappiness.blogspot.com/                             

Dave Chambers
on 10/11/11 12:32 am - Mira Loma, CA

Opinions on proteins will vary widely. Every patient is different, and so are their taste buds.  You can't really rely on any one opinion, except yours.  See if you can get a sample from the company to try before you buy any larger quantity.  I found a generic whey isolate protein I still add to soft foods at 5 years post op.  Many members of my support groups like this one too, but this is our opinion. It dissolves easily in fluids, mixes well with soft foods, virtually no flavor, and my surgeon's nurse buy some for newer patients who have issues finding a protein they can tolerate.  I initially liked Isopure, but many post ops find the texture of the protein a "little gritty". DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Onmyweightohappine
ss

on 10/11/11 12:34 am - Houston, TX
I know everyones opinions are different with protein powders, just asking if anyones tried this brand or what other brands people use to get an idea of what to try.

What is the brand you use if you don't mind me asking? 
 Follow my blog at:
onmyweightohappiness.blogspot.com/                             

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/11 12:49 am

I'm pre-op.....
   But I love Isopure....  hope I will continue to like it post-op.

Gina1013
on 10/11/11 3:39 am - Canton, OH
 I am pre-op and pretty new to the whole protein thing. I did however order some from unjury and  have protein shakes, etc.

I thought that RNYers needed whey protein ISOLATE..am I mistaken?

Weight at consult 7/14/11:  413

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/11 5:08 am - North Brookfield, MA
GNC  100% whey unflavored
AnyWhey unflavored - you can bake with it too
Unjury - unflavored
Magan M.
on 10/11/11 5:31 am
 I use the Isopure unflavored.  I've heard that people tend to like Jay Robb better, but I've yet to find it in a store.  Since I'm almost out of my Isopure, I think I'm going to try and see if I can find a website to order it from.

Mary D.
on 10/12/11 2:50 am - Richmond, VA
I have had great luck with two brands of unflavored protein:

Bariatric Eating Pure - somewhat expensive, but no flavor at all and dissolves perfectly
Any Whey - recommended by Nik and many others on this board. Reasonably priced, no flavor at all and dissolves perfectly

I add a scoop to my flavored water when I am exercising. It's a great way to get some protein in when I would be drinking anyway. Both of these can be ordered online. Good luck!

Mary D. 
Pre op: 260 lbs, 5'3"
Goal reached 14 months later: 130 lbs
Regain over next 3.5 years to a high of: 166 lbs
Current weight: 135.8 lbs and heading back to 130 lbs!!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 324 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 246 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 312 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 5 replies · 90 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 5 replies · 90 views