Day 1 puree -- am I eating too much

Adrienne G.
on 10/14/11 9:51 am - Germantown, MD
Today is my first day on pureed food and I am worried that I may not be recognizing the "fullness" sensation.  I had a protein shake for breakfast, 1/4c egg beaters & 1/2 banana (all smashed) for lunch, 1oz cheese pm snack and protein shake, and for dinner chicken **** cube size), 1oz soup, 1oz broccoli (very liquid), 1/2 banana.    I felt a little pressure in my breast bone so I'm assuming that's full but I'm worried that's a lot of food.  It looks very much like the meal plan, but I was feeling kinda empty and had the banana.

Comments/feedback wanted
Starting weight (12/10) - 346; Surgery day weight (10/11) - 282.4

asiaisacontinent
on 10/14/11 10:04 am - MI
I have this same fear that I'm not understanding what this fullness feeling is!! Ugh!
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board 

Kathy B.
on 10/14/11 10:09 am - ME
Sounds to me like your amounts are correct. Yes , that pressure in breast bone is you "full" warning.

poet_kelly
on 10/14/11 10:11 am - OH
You may not get a full sensation for a while.  When you had surgery, the nerves that tell your brain you're full were cut and they take a while to heal.

I'm not sure how much chicken you had for dinner, but that half a banana may have been a bit much.  Did you puree the chicken?  And the broccoli?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Adrienne G.
on 10/14/11 10:33 am - Germantown, MD
Kelly,

The chicken was pureed and stored in icecube trays -- I had 1 cube and the broccoli was beyond pureed (liquified) I'm still experimenting with the food processor

Thanks!!
Adrienne
Starting weight (12/10) - 346; Surgery day weight (10/11) - 282.4

seashell6417
on 10/14/11 10:23 am - Gaylord, MN
My surgeon allowed 2 tablespoons of pureed food that early out.
Tami

lilbear412
on 10/14/11 11:27 am - MN
 i was on 3 tablespoons of food on pureed and got to go all the way up to a 1/4 cup for soft foods but..i am eating around 1/4 cup for breakfast, 1/4 cup maybe a bit more for lunch and supper(dinner) closer to 1/2 cup.  I am so hungry come evening i think i need to up my water..I do have a snack at night usually but can't seem to get all my water in and a snack in the afternoon soooooo i am still a work in progress.  I have had a bite of banana but never 1/2 banana..
I am assuming what i am feeling when i get hungry (right now in fact), its like a hollow feeling like a few inches up from my belly button.  Food seems to make it go away.  Its like my stomach is going to growl but never really does..i never really have a full feeling while eating its usually a few minutes after i stop eating i feel satisfied..

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 329 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 324 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 172 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?