3 and 1/2 months out--stalled--how to jumpstart?

shannon0731
on 10/22/11 6:50 am - LA
OK, finally happened--hit a 2 week stall, not an ounce lost!!   Any thoughts on how to kick it up a notch? On average, I eat /drink 60-80 grams lean protein and 8 glasses water/liquid a day. Exercise has been almost non existent these last two weeks-very busy at work, then got a cold. I eat very little carbs--some veggies, maybe one serving a day of ww crackers. Dairy is Greek yogurt, plain, maybe 5 days a week. NF milk maybe 1 a week. Fats are in olive used for cooking and whatever fat is in foods I consume, but noting too low or too high. Sugars are under 10g in anything I eat.

Any help would be appreciated!! thanks!

Shannon
I'm Ready!

poet_kelly
on 10/22/11 7:11 am - OH
Many people don't even consider two weeks without weight loss a stall.  It's just how weight loss works.  You don't need to do anything to kick it up a notch.  Just keep doing what you're supposed to do.  You'll start losing again.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 10/22/11 7:27 am - Santa Cruz, CA
You need to add some "good fats" to your diet;  don't be afraid of adding flavor to your Greek yoghurt.

Eat something.  You only need to add about 100 or 200 calories a day.  You're probably at the balance
point of your body's Daily Metabolic needs vs your Daily intake. 

Good luck!
shannon0731
on 10/22/11 9:00 am - LA
Thanks, Lynn. I actually do flavor it with SF jam/jelly. The ones that have fruit are too high in sugar for me--I dump after about 15 grams. I have been doing lf cheeses rather than ff. You are right--it is a balance act!

And Kelly, yes, it may not count as a true stall, but I don't want 2 weeks to turn into 2 months if there is something I can do to prevent it!! I am just very proactive and when something if "different" in a not so positive way, I just want to make sure  that what I am currently doing is right. I have learned that some things I have been told especially by the dietitian is not necessarily correct, so I want to pick everyone brains to help keep me moving forward!

I'm Ready!

Loveshinesthru
on 10/22/11 9:46 am - Mesa, AZ
 low fat doesnt mean bettter for you. when they take out fat they add sugar usually.  ff is the better way to go. 

HW: 314 SW: 297 CW:166

seattledeb
on 10/22/11 10:25 am
I eat full fat. I think life is too short for Ff anything.

seattledeb
on 10/22/11 10:26 am, edited 10/21/11 10:27 pm
You are not in a stall. You are in the process. Take a deep breath and focus on something else this week. One thing..maybe moving more or finding a new recipe.
You will lose more weight.

D-J
on 10/22/11 10:52 am
my weight lose has been like this,lose alittle,stop losing then my body adjusts and then i start losing again,,it will stop and start like that ,,your body needs to catch up to itself is all,,, there really is no need to "notch it up",,and don't forget to measure cause i know when i am not losing lbs i am losing inches.
Loveshinesthru
on 10/22/11 4:40 pm - Mesa, AZ
 mine too. I lose a little, then lose inches, then lose a little, then lose inches. 

HW: 314 SW: 297 CW:166

shannon0731
on 10/22/11 11:46 pm - LA
Yes, I agree--you have to watch low fat. If it is a choice between fat or sugar, I choose the fat! So far, fat hasn't caused problems, but too much sugar does., both with dumping and blood sugar.

Thank you all. I found a tape measure this morning and finally measured myself today!
I'm Ready!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 320 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 240 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 300 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??