cramping and abdominal pain

brcka2
on 10/24/11 1:38 am - Lake Station, IN
I am 14 month out of surgery and had no complications those first 14 months. I started having what I thought were gas pains on Saturday, they have gotten worse. Is it possible this could be something from my surgery. Should I go to the hospital er where my surgeon is, or my regular hospital where my dr is. They are two different hospitals but they are affiliated. Only I don't think the dr's practice at the other's hospital. The pain feels the way it did during the first three weeks post surgery. I feel it mostly up by my stomach under the left rib and all the way down radiating to the right, which make me think it's my instines and maybe gas pains. I did have a few bowel movements. and did pass alot of gas yesterday.

Bonnie_wbm
on 10/24/11 2:11 am - FL
I am almost 4 weeks post op and I have stomach cramps too, I was wondering if it is normal, because I do not have regular bowel movements, this is new for me. I am hoping that it passes because I am suppose to start soft foods in 7 days and do not want to keep feeling this pain. Do you have any suggestions for this? I am also thirsty alot and think that sometimes I over drink and it causes the pain. Is there any truth in that?  I wish I could help you with your problem, sorry.

SW 330 GW 135 CW 241    
dlo2
on 10/24/11 2:26 am - Brandenburg, KY
I would call your Dr.  don't take risk.  I had a bowel obstruction from scar tissue one year post-op.  Better safe than sorry.
brcka2
on 10/24/11 2:45 am - Lake Station, IN
Thanks I will do that. I thought about that, it has just gotten worse and worse. At first it felt like gas pains..When I lay down and feel around the pain is right where my incision is wher he went into my stomach.
H.A.L.A B.
on 10/24/11 5:28 am
can be anything... from just gas, lack of good bacteria, or hernia, or GB issue... or even ulcer... who knows. Bette rcall the doc...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

brcka2
on 11/13/11 3:09 am - Lake Station, IN
Went to my bariatric dr and he ran a ct scan and ultra sound. he found gallstones, so he scheduled to have the gallbladder removed. When he went in he removed the gallbladder and then went over to the bypass and discovered that all my intestines were tangled up and had floated up under my diaphragm. This was the cause of all my pain and discomfort. this was not seen in the ultra sound and ct scan..So he pulled them down and put them back into place and stitched them to the back of my abdominal wall. This happened because I lost so much weight inside my stomach.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 223 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 350 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 233 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 131 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 3 replies · 28 views
Recent Topics