warm fluids vs cold

Windim
on 11/1/11 10:02 pm - Fountain City, WI
I am 4 weeks post op and doing great. My question is does anyone else find it difficult to drink cold liwuids? Before surgery I could only drink cold liquids now they have to be at the very minimum room temp or warmer.. it physically hurts for me to drink cold fluids. Does anyone else have this problem?

Dave Chambers
on 11/1/11 10:26 pm - Mira Loma, CA
Temp of water or other liquids is a MAJOR issue for some newer post ops.  Even if you loved liquids on ice preop, you may not be able to tolerate them post op.  Make the water whatever temp you can tolerate. Lack of enough fluids will land you back in the hospital.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

poet_kelly
on 11/1/11 10:35 pm - OH
I've heard some people say that.  Personally, I had to have very cold drinks after surgery.  Anything else made me nauseous.  I kep****er in the fridge but I still had to put ice in it when I was ready to drink it because it had to be that cold or else I got nauseous.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Blondie76
on 11/1/11 10:50 pm - AL
I loved cold before surgery (Oct 13) and now get painful cramping if I drink cold stuff. The hotter the better these days! Room temp is okay but hot is best.
Kim S.
on 11/1/11 10:59 pm - Helena, AL
I'm 2.5 years out and still do not like really cold stuff.  I drink warm tea and coffee during the day, and my water is always room temp.

Price S.
on 11/1/11 10:59 pm - Mills River, NC
I'm over a year out and I can do cold now but warm still sits better and if I have to get in, in a hurry, it has to be warm.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

cajungirl
on 11/2/11 12:10 am
Six years out and I still do better with room temperature or hot liquids.  It's a common situation for many of us.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/2/11 12:21 am
For a very long time my pouch would not tolerate any cold water, drinks. Hot or warm. Even room temp drinks could trigger nausea or cramps. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

arbowman73
on 11/2/11 2:04 am - IN
Hi,

I am 3 weeks out and actually the opposite. I am preferring anything cold, the colder the better. I can do hot,  but things do not taste right here lately so my usually liked hot beverages I can't do. I heard this will change who knows!

CHELLEYGIRL
on 11/2/11 2:10 am - PALMDALE, CA
I am almost 3 months out RNY and really cold still hurts my pouch. I can now drink a bottle of water from the fridge, but it cant be super cold!

HW-258 SW- 247 CW-147 Surgery date-8/11/2011

Most Active
Recent Topics