dreading the holidays...

dkwilliams1
on 11/13/11 7:21 am - AK
...I am dreading the holidays, not just because I'm Jewish, but because of all the food that's involved- I'm scared I will overeat, or eat something that will make me sick... I wish I could do a Rip Van Winkle and wake up in the first week of the new year...   

seattledeb
on 11/13/11 7:40 am
I had surgery a few days before Christmas. It was a yogurt Christmas.
Now three years later I'm gratefuul for the holidays. I'm grateful that I can move and participate. I have energy to go to parties. I have an opportunity to have bites of food that I don't normally eat. I get to take long walks after dinner instead of sleeping on the couch.
Don't wish away good times...find new ways to see them.
Deb T.

mrslatch
on 11/13/11 8:03 am - Fort Campbell, KY
I 100% plan on eating several things I don't normally eat, a few bites at least, but I know I AM in control now, and can be strong and not give in to eating a whole pie. Moderation for me this holiday season, with lots of running and working out.
Morgan  My Blog
Proud Army Wife! 

Donna D.
on 11/13/11 9:26 am - Cockeysville, MD
I totally understand how you feel, but I think this Christmas is going to be a yogurt Christmas like Seattle Deb had 3 yrs ago! My surgery date could possibly be before the New year around the middle of DEC, and I can't wait so if it is yogurt this Christmas than yogurt it is! Maybe I can try a egg nog protien smoothie!! lol

HW:338  SW:316 CW:203 GW:190 MY HT IS 5"11"

Price S.
on 11/13/11 9:29 am - Mills River, NC
this is the first of many, many holidays to come.  Make a plan and follow it.  I don't know how far out you are but remember, protein first.  Then some plain veggies and you will probably be full. 

I allow myself a bite of one desert and maybe a bite of some starch but concentrate on the protein.  I still don't drink alcohol.  Stopped before surgery.  That helps control some of the calories and my self determination to stay straight. 

I have the fortune, or misfortune of never getting sick.  So eating something different than my usual hasn't been a problem.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

iowa_missie74
on 11/13/11 9:58 am - IA
I had surgery 9-26-11. With the holidays coming, I wondered how I would feel too. I know that it won't bother me to not eat all the good food because I decided that I will get a plate and things that I don't eat on a normal day I'm going to take one spoon size bite of and put on my plate. That will be my holiday feast. If I can't eat everything I want on Tgiving day, I will take a little bit of it home to eat over the next couple of days or so. Christmas will go the same way. Hope you can find a way to enjoy the holidays with friends, family and food :)

Most Active
Recent Topics