Anyone have an Internal Hernia?

brcka2
on 11/20/11 12:52 am - Lake Station, IN
Recently I was having sever pain in my mid section of my abdonmin. I went to the dr who did my gastric bypass, he did a ct and ultrasound and then said i had gallstones which was probably causing my pain. I went in the following friday 11/11 and he said he would take out the galbladder and go over and look at my bypass to make sure everythign was ok..Well when he went over to the bypass he was shocked to see that all my small intestains had come loose and herniated up into my diaphragm. This was the cause of my pain, he said it was because i lost so much weight internally and they intestinse didn't stay in place like they should have. He pulled them all down orginized them and stitched them in to place.

My question has anyone had this happen? He said it is rare, but he has seen it before...I would like to hear anyone else's story about this and if they felt better after it was fixed....I still feel miserable and i hope this is not a perminate feeling.

terilynn112
on 11/20/11 4:09 am - maryland, NY
I had a small one in feb. They fixed it. No problem with that since.

teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

zacmom
on 11/20/11 8:15 am
I had a friend that happened to. everytime she lied down she couldnt breath. after her surgery she was good to go and no more problems.

brcka2
on 11/20/11 9:30 am - Lake Station, IN
That was my problem, I couldnt' breath and it hurt spontainiously. He said they were all tangled up and it was life threatening so it was a good thing they found it before it got worse. My problem is it's been a week and i still have pain, i am hoping this is just because of the severity of the surgery and it will disapate with time. Sometimes i feel good and sometimes i feel sick and have cramps. It comes on spontaiously so i never know how i am gonna feel at any given moment.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 223 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 350 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 233 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 131 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 3 replies · 28 views
Recent Topics