Poet Kelly or Someone Else . . . Protein Ice-Cream?

paulrap
on 11/30/11 3:14 am
How do you make yours? Just freeze a shake? Caught my eye on a response to another post.

Hope your day is great!

Paula

Banded 1/22/2009 Revision to RNY 9/26/11

poet_kelly
on 11/30/11 3:19 am - OH
Check out theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com for a bunch of recipes.  It is essentially a fozen shake, but you put all the ingredients in an ice cream maker.  You can certain just make a shake and stick it in the freezer for a while if you like it that way, but that wouldn't really be like ice cream, you know?  More like flavored ice or something, maybe.

My favorite protein ice cream is skim milk, vanilla protein powder and instant decaf coffee.  And it's wonderful if you throw in a few sugar free chocolate chips at the end.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Liz J.
on 11/30/11 7:10 am - Woonsocket, RI
www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-ICE-21-Frozen-Yogurt-Ice-Sorbet/dp/ B003KYSLMW/ref=dp_ob_title_def

SPRAY THE BOWL WITH "PAM" BEFORE ADDING INGREADENTS OR IT WILL STICK AND FREEZE TO THE SIDES.

www.bobsredmill.com/guar-gum.html I READ THIS HELPS MAKE IT MORE ICE-CREAM-Y.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2010/02/prote in-ice-cream-101.html
poet_kelly
on 11/30/11 7:33 am - OH
That's the exact one I have.  I bought it just for protein ice cream.  For a while, I was making protein ice cream every night.  I like it a lot better when it's freshly made.  You can freeze it for later, but then it gets harder and icier.  I like it a bit softer, like soft serve kind of.  

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Liz J.
on 11/30/11 7:46 am - Woonsocket, RI
Kelly, Do you use the guar gum? Do you spray the bowl? If not, does it stick and freeze? I have all the directions but havent purchased all the stuff to make it yet.
poet_kelly
on 11/30/11 8:07 am - OH
Nope.  No guar gum and never sprayed the bowl.  Mine doesn't stick to the bowl.  It would, I guess, if I put the bowl in the freezer after mixing the ice cream.  But it's like soft serve consistency when it's first done.  If you want it harder, you have to put it in the freezer a while.  If I do that, I put it in a plastic dish with a lid.  But I like it better softer.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 60 replies · 403 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 59 replies · 250 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 511 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 582 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 305 views
Recent Topics