5 hour energy

shannon0731
on 12/6/11 6:37 am - LA
I have a need to take this. I have taken it pre surgery and had no adverse reaction at all. Just wondering if anyone who took it pre surgery and had no problems, did you have problems after surgery? If so, what kind of problems?

Please don't judge--I just want to hear from those who fit this sscenairo and hear your outcomes.

thanks
I'm Ready!

Frances S.
on 12/6/11 6:43 am - Crystal Falls, MI
 I use them occasionally and have no problems what-so-ever.  The easiest way for me to get alert.. coffee takes too long to drink and isn't as fast acting, aside from the fact that I like calories in my coffee and this has none.

KatCooper
on 12/6/11 7:11 am - Collierville, TN
 I am on call frequently and have had really good results with 5 hour energy.  I am 5 months post op and have taken it since I was about 3 months out.  I have not had any issues.  I did take it at home the first time, just incase I had any issues. 

Kat

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

SweetLilyAnn
on 12/6/11 9:31 am - TX
I was told that I was not able to have caffine. Does 5 hr energy have caffine?

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

hellokittycrazee
on 12/6/11 1:15 pm - NJ

There is a decaf 5 hour energy available.  They're not always easy to find, but that's what I use when I need it.  It seems to work just as well.  Night shift plus two full time jobs equals some days where I get pretty run down.  :-)

HTH,

Meg

shannon0731
on 12/7/11 2:16 am - LA
Thank you all so much.  I do avoid caffeine as much as I can, but that was even before surgery. I will look for the decaf version too.

I did take it this morning and so far so good! 

I truly appreciate your responses. I hope I did not come across sounding *****y.  I love this site and value all the input. But, as we all know, sometimes people tend to put their own two cents in and at times can be judgmental. OUCH! I got that a few times. I really just did not want to be judged, just wanted some solid info and that is what I got!!

I'm Ready!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 263 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 308 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 328 views