3 weeks out...

Rae532
on 12/8/11 5:15 am - ND
I had surgery on 11/18 and have had my ups and downs....I hurt the first week, mourning the loss of my comfort foods and trying to replace them with sugar free alternatives.  Sugar and I are not friends anymore.  Tried to eat a few things that I shouldn't have, and paid dearly for it.  Now...three weeks out have come to a conclusion...If I dont eat what Im not supposed to....I feel ok....That I don't need much of anything right now....and I feel ok....when I cheat I pay for it with cramps and back pain....so It's my motivation to stay on my plan...and Im good with that.... Ive dropped 27 pounds and im good with that too...Im doing ok...
ftcnh
on 12/8/11 5:19 am
 Hang in there, I think a common thing for us all is that we have to let go of those old habits to make a permanent change. You've taken the first steps, hang in there, way to go on the 27 pounds

Rae532
on 12/8/11 5:28 am - ND
It was harder to make those changes than I thought it would be.  To not be able to eat like you did before whether it was stopping quick for a taco or eating out with the kids.  But, I also know I needed to make a change, and a big one.  Im getting used to my new life and like I said I'm ok with it.  I wondered for a week if I made the right decision, and now I know  I did...but it took a little time to realize that....
Nikiabrooke
on 12/8/11 5:36 am
Congrats on your weight loss!! I had my surgery on the 10th of nov and have lost 30 lbs also..but am having a terrible time keeping any food in me but Hoping it gets better soon!!

"Life isn't always fun. Sometimes you get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow."           
(deactivated member)
on 12/8/11 7:08 am
 I am 3 wks out and I can't seem to drink any kind of the protein stuff I bought. My surgeon wants me to mix it with milk but I hate milk so much. Is there any protein that you would reccomend? Anything that tastes better?
(deactivated member)
on 12/8/11 9:47 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Go to the Syntrax Nectar site and get their sample pack.  Their stuff mixes with water, mostly, although there are some that work well with milk.  I especially like their Cappuccino and Lemon tea flavors, although there are some sweeter ones that are good too.

It's all a matter of trial and error.

Best wishes,
(deactivated member)
on 12/8/11 7:07 am
 OMG! I've had my surgery (RNY) on that same day too (11/18). And I have felt the same way, and have done the same things. Like I am trying my hardest to stay away from the foods that got me here in the 1st place. Like u said, I've also came to the conclusion that if I do what I am supposed to be doing, then I will be ok and not suffer the pain.

Your post have actually made me feel a lot better. I thought I was alone.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 496 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 563 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 220 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 554 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 274 views
Recent Topics