I need help please

T V.
on 12/11/11 12:07 pm
I am coming up on my 6 month check up. I have not lost any weight since my 3 month check up. I have been separated from my husband and basically feel like the rest of my life is out of control. I am eating stuff I know I shouldn't and I haven't been exercising. Please give me some advise on how to get back to my weight loss before my "honeymoon" stage is over. Please help.  I am so depressed and feel alone. All I want to do is sleep and eat everything wrong. Thanks.

poet_kelly
on 12/11/11 12:09 pm - OH
What do you think you should be eating?  What kinds of food?  What amounts of food?  How often?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

fairyflyz
on 12/11/11 12:13 pm - CA
Are you attending a support group? It might also benefit you to see a psychiatrist or a therapist. Sounds like you have some deeper issues to work through beyond the eating issues.
(deactivated member)
on 12/11/11 12:17 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
You know what to do.  Stop eating "stuff I know I shouldn't" and restart your exercise.  There's only so much that you can cure with the Internet;  you are the only one who can help yourself.

If you have depression (and it sounds like you do and  no wonder) see your doctor and get some meds.

You are the only person who can make the changes you need to make.

Good luck, Kid!
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/11/11 12:24 pm - OH
 As Lynn said, you know what you are doing wrong, so you know what you SHOULD be doing. In addition to getting on some antidepressants, I would also suggest counseling because clearly you eat for emotional reasons (that is not meant as a put down... SO many of us did, including me) and in order to be successful with the weight loss and MAINTAINING the loss, you are going to need to address using food as a coping mechanism.  The surgery is only part of the equation for getting (and keeping) the weight off; changing our habits and destructive coping skills is also critical, and that does not happen automatically after surgery.

Hang in there.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

T V.
on 12/11/11 12:30 pm
Thanks you guys. Kelly I guess I should say the bad things I am finding myself eating. Chocolate is one. I don't find that I have issues with sugar. I know the foods I need to eat. I guess I need to get my antidepressants checked as they don't seem to be working. I just feel like my whole world has fell apart. I have made an appointment with a psychiatrist but they can not see me until the end of January. Doesn't seem to help when I feel like I need help as soon as possible.
DebsGiz
on 12/11/11 7:52 pm - FL

Hi there,

I read your posts with much sadness because I can understand how out of control everything in your life is right now.  I'm thinking that everything is such a mess that you don't even know where to begin picking up the pieces.

However, the first place to start could be taking care of yourself with regard to why you had this surgery.  I'm not going to tell you what you should be doing because you already know, but I will encourage you to begin doing it right now.

A journey always starts with the first step, and though you may not have chosen the journey you are presently on with regard to what has taken place in your marriage and such, the facts are what they are.  You're on the journey whether you like it or not, and the failure or success of this journey is up to you.

You will find that once you take that first step, the others will come almost naturally.

I will also tell you that once you get your feet wet and meet with some of your own successes, chances are you're going to be asking yourself a couple of questions.  One is what were you so afraid of, and the second is why did you stay with that bonehead husband for as long as you did?  LoL

I would suggest that you may want to call the psychiatrist back and stress that you need to see someone right now, either them or an associate.  If they cannot see you, open the Yellow Pages and find an interim shrink who can work with you until you can get in to your regular one.

Please know that your pain is shared by many, and though things seem to be really dark now, the light is there if you just reach out for it...  Do one positive thing for yourself today, then add something else tomorrow, and so on and so on.

mikeyintexas903
on 12/11/11 2:38 pm - Gladewater, TX
Eat protein protein  no sweets no carbs if possible and watch your calories i am 1 year 7 months out went from 415 and now 245

pagek77
on 12/11/11 3:02 pm
First, I want to say that I'm sorry you're going through such a tough time! I know what it's like to be severely depressed and also dealing with a lot of emotional/family issues. Try to find it somewhere in yourself to take care of YOU :-).

Also, I'm not sure where you live, but keep calling different psychiatrists to see if you can get an appt sooner. Even if you already have one, it might be worth calling different ones if they can see you sooner. I've done that before.

Good luck!
Krisi616
on 12/11/11 4:00 pm - Brentwood, CA
 Maybe you can't get in to see your psychiatrist til the end of January what about a therapist who specializes in eating disorders?

As for what to do... get off the sugar. It is an addiction and if needed go through a 12 step program to help with it. You can do it on your own - read the steps and realize that it is an addiction. If you were addicted to drugs would you keep the drugs around where you could easily have some? NO. So don't keep the sugar around either.  After about 10 days it will be easier, get back to the gym and work out - that will help your mental status as well.

Now... I need to follow my own advice!

HW/SW/CW/GW  {gained 7 lbs of fluid in the hospital}
307/287.5/176.6/147 {current as of 11.27.11}

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 264 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 277 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 319 views
What's on your Monday Menu?