Skinny

elaynew
on 12/30/11 1:30 pm - Mohegan Lake, NY
 When did everyone feel skinny? I am not quite there yet but is it a number or a time frame or something in your mind? Can one feel skinny at say 150lbs and someone else at 175? 

poet_kelly
on 12/30/11 1:36 pm - OH
Of course people can feel skinny at different weights.

I don't feel skinny, though.  I feel normal.  I don't feel fat, at least not most of the time, but I don't feel skinny, either.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cassandra Cooper
on 12/30/11 2:10 pm - Hermiston, OR
I feel skinny. now. I am 143 size 8-10 was 276 and a size 24. I still am in shock going into a store and getting medium shirts...and even an occassional small. Seeing myself in pictures also makes me feel skinny. It is still so odd! 
enJOY
Cassandra

http://www.cassandracooper.com/wp/ {my blog}

HW 276/ SW 250/ CW 146/ GW 155

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/30/11 3:13 pm - OH
I am 4.5 years post-op and am maintaining my weight loss, but I still do not feel skinny... and that's because I am NOT skinny.  Not everyone who has WLS ends up skinny!!!!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

kimbeerly
on 12/30/11 6:58 pm - TX
Hi,

I am 3 years out and have lost 170lbs and weigh 120. I wear size 4-6 and I still think I look huge in the mirror. They say some people can never adjust.

elaynew
on 12/30/11 7:55 pm - Mohegan Lake, NY
 I think I feel normal too Kelly. I agree with you. I feel like if I walk down the street people aren't staring at me. I think normal is a great term. Thanks 

rayjack12
on 12/30/11 11:47 pm

I have lost about 115 lbs. I've gone from a 26 to a 14 and a 2X to a L.  I do not feel skinny.  Then again, even though I have gone beyond my goal of 180, I do not consider myself a "skinny" person.  However, when I look in the mirror, at times, I still see someone who is big.  Demented, huh?

Medley411
on 12/30/11 11:48 pm, edited 12/30/11 11:49 pm
I am too skinny! size 2-4 is ridiculous on my frame.  I am 5'5 and retired from the Air Force.  I have no curves, and it is uncomfortable to lie down, seating in hard seats my rear goes numb.
I am 30 months out, and have tried extra protein, seen the surgeon, my PCP and been on nutritional supplements. I got up to 125 but then it came right off again.
I am used to carrying 140-155 for most of my life. 
I should be in side 10 or so. 
I am healthy, labs are okay, my support team both surgeon and PCP say I am fine.  My body is maintaining where it wants to be.
I have a different idea of healthy. I see many pictures and I am envious of the curves. I look like a bag of bones. 
Everyone should embrace who you are.  If you are healthy, your co-mobilities are gone then you have achieved something wonderful. Never judge someone by what size pants they wear. I always envied "skinny girls", and all the time I was more normal than I ever imagined.
I almost faint to see folks gain 7 pounds and panic. That is nothing compared to where we have been before. I could gain 6 pounds with my time of the month. 
We might want to substitute skinny for "sexy and healthy".

Carla M.
on 12/30/11 11:49 pm
RNY on 02/21/11 with
It depends on the day for me...not the number on the scale. There were days I felt skinny at 275lbs. There are days that I "feel" fat now at 154lbs. Most of the time I feel pretty darn good about myself, but I feel like Kelly...normal.

exohexoh
on 12/31/11 2:03 am - West Chester, PA
 i feel bigger than i did 100+ lbs ago. i know i'm not skinny. my weight is just at the "overweight" range, on bloated days i'm back into obese. yet people are constantly calling me skinny or tiny, including my pcp when i saw him last week. it makes me uncomfortable because i know i'm not.

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 264 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 381 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 23 replies · 164 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 255 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 136 views
Recent Topics