3 months out people - how you doing?

Leolioness
on 1/6/12 5:08 am - OR
Just hit my 3 month anniversary and feeling great....of course, wish the weight was coming off faster but feeling good and haven't has a single complication so I am grateful and so happy I made the decision to have my RNY.

How is everyone else doing that had their surgery around the same time?

Wishing everyone a great 2012! 

Kimberly
  HW285/SW270/GW135

Sara L.
on 1/6/12 5:18 am
I am almost three months....and I feel great too!  No complications or hardships for me either.  I've lost almost 50 pounds since my surgery, and it is truly amazing to see the changes.  It is totally the best thing I could have done for myself and my health.  

I'm glad to hear someone else is doing well, it makes me sad to think of all the pr-op people reading about complications. 

Happiest New Year I have ever had!  

Sara in Maui

Leolioness
on 1/6/12 5:27 am - OR
So glad to hear it Sara!  Yay!  AND you live in Maui! Super jealous! :-).  It IS nice to hear the good stuff!  Keep up the fantastic work and have an amazing year!!!
  HW285/SW270/GW135

Celia S.
on 1/6/12 5:40 am - Grand Junction, CO
I'll be 3 months out on the 18th, and I, too, feel wonderful! No complications at all and down 56 lbs since my surgery and 100 lbs overall since my highest weight! I'm starting to experience quite a bit of hair loss, but even so, I would have my RNY again in a heartbeat! I'm loving life and loving myself for the first time in my life! :)
pattymac65
on 1/6/12 5:41 am
My RNY was 10/18.  I still have pain on my left side.  Not bad enough to take anything or even call the doctor.  But I don't think it's 'normal'?  I have my next followup on 1/25 and figured it could wait until then.  Other than that, no complications.  No reactions to any food, but I am following the plan to a 'T'.  I think I've lost nearly 60lbs.  Seems like its coming off so slowly now.  Had a couple stalls but if I think about it... WOW !  60lbs in 3 months!
Celia S.
on 1/6/12 5:46 am - Grand Junction, CO
pattymac, you and I are twins! My surgery was also the 18th, and oddly enough, I also see my surgeon on the 25th! LOL 60 lbs in 3 months is amazing! I know what you mean, though, about feeling like the weight is coming off more slowly. I have to constantly remind myself that I did not get up to 385lbs overnight, and I'm certainly not going to get rid of all my weight overnight! :)

Hope the pain in your left side resolves itself. I have pain in my left side from time to time as well, but I think it's just a pulled or strained muscle.

Libby0218
on 1/6/12 6:43 am - TX
I'll be 3 months on the 24th this month. I'm doing GREAT! I have lost 42 pounds thus far (including the 10 from pre-op) and have so much energy. I'm working out 5 days a week and feeling fabulous!

I too wish the weight were coming off more quickly but thats' ok, I feel so great the numbers are just becoming a by-product of feeling this great. I have 5 pounds until I hit "onederland" and I'm hoping to hit it by the 15th.

I see the post on here about complications and not being able to eat anything and I feel like something may be wrong with me. I am able to eat relatively normally and a decent amount. I saw a post on here the other day where a woman said she could only get 300 calories at 3 months and I was stunned. I watch my calories and am able to easily get 700-800 per day.

Thanks for checking on us 3 months folks! It's good to have a cohort of individuals in the same place you are.
hstull1013
on 1/6/12 7:14 am - AZ
Hey surgery buddy! Three months out and I am doing really well. I have lost roughly 75lbs. I am almost worried how fast I am losing but overall I am doing good!

HW-361, SW 349, CW 299, GW 185  *20 lbs lost pre-op diet*
(deactivated member)
on 1/6/12 7:22 am
Im doing good.  Was at 3 months last week.  Down 53 since surgery, feeling good.  Really having to moderate my behavior because I can eat easier than Id like.  Overall, very happy and halfway to goal!

_Melissa
Leolioness
on 1/6/12 8:43 am - OR
Thanks all for checking in!!!

I am so relived that I am not the only one that has to really be careful about how much I eat because I really haven't had any problems with anything and seems like I can eat more than I should....though I have stayed on plan and haven't even tried sugar or very many carbs but man oh man I can put away jerky!!  LOL. 

Thanks and here's to another sucessful 3 months!! 

Stay in touch! 

Kimberly
  HW285/SW270/GW135

Most Active
Recent Topics