Should I get a pixie cut??? AND dye it?

ktharp89
on 3/22/12 12:28 pm, edited 3/22/12 12:30 pm - Gaithersburg, MD
 My coworkers are trying to convince me that I should get this hairstyle with a similar hair color.  It is quite a change but I do like it. I never thought to get something like it when I was heavier. I'm not sure if I could pull it off though. Please give me your thoughts!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/22/12 12:34 pm - OH
I think you would look darling with the cut!  Personally, though, I wouldn't opt for such a light color unless you are also going to have your eyebrows lightened (but that's just one of my pet peeves... I find it very distracting when women go blonde but have extremely dark eyebrows.... It just screams "I'm really a brunette!")

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Melissa G.
on 3/22/12 12:39 pm - Littleton, CO
RNY on 02/27/12
I think you would look totally cute with th hair cut.  I agree that maybe you shouldn't go quite that light in hair color.  Go a little lighter than you have now, then if you like that then you could go a little more lighter.  Or just add some light highlights.  If you do it, you must post new pictures!

JUSTJUNQUIES
on 3/22/12 12:46 pm - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
Love the cut!! it would look great on you , as for the color maybe some chunky highlights in a dark blond/  light  brown ??

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

(deactivated member)
on 3/22/12 12:53 pm - Round Lake, IL
RNY on 04/20/12
I think you would look SUPER cute!

Post pics!

~Steph
Oxford Comma Hag
on 3/22/12 1:01 pm
The cut, yes. But not the color. You have a beautiful contrast with your hair and eyes and marvelous skin. Maybe a few highlights.
momjan
on 3/22/12 1:14 pm - Canada
Beautiful cut.  Ask your hairdresser to recommend the colour.  Even some deep reds, coppery colours, etc. might be neat... The hairdresser can help the most!  I think a blonde could work with you, but a white blonde, or a strawberry blonde, or a golden blonde.....so many shades SHE should help you decide!
FunBrain
on 3/22/12 1:17 pm
 DO IT!!!!!!  I think you would look great w/that cut.  You can always go to hairstyler.com & download a pic of yourself & try on different hairstyles...  

BugdocMom
on 3/22/12 1:38 pm, edited 3/22/12 1:38 pm - CA
Funny you ask. I just did this yesterday. I love it! You have strong bone structure and could totally pull it off. I agree with only going as far as some highlights if any color at all, though. And, you can always grow it if it doesn't work. Especially with all the vitamins (and biotin) we take.
  • Attached Image: IMG_5440.JPGAttached Image: IMG_5432.JPGAttached Image: IMG_5434.JPG
gabbyabby
on 3/22/12 10:04 pm
I love the hair cut, not so much the color.  hair looks fuller when it is darker so if you have lost any blond hair will make it worse.  But I love the cut and think it will look adorable on you.  :)

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 306 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 351 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 308 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 306 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 76 views
Recent Topics