surgery after surgery

shannon0731
on 4/11/12 2:17 am - LA
I am about 10 -20 pounds away from goal.  I am kinda sorta considering my options of some kind of plastic surgery.  I have lost 65 pounds, so I am kinda considered a "lightweight" by some people here.  I don't have a lot of excess skin, so I am thinking that maybe one of the lipo procedures might be up my alley.  I just have a lot of excess fat laying around my midsection and have some, not a lot, of sagginess in my upper arms and inner thighs.

I am thinking exercise may help with the arms and thighs but the tummy and waist could maybe use some help!

anyone every have traditional lipo, smart lipo or this new zerona I am hearing about? Any advise you can offer?

Thanks!

I'm Ready!

karianne
on 4/11/12 2:49 am - Marlborough, MA
Revision on 04/05/12
I know when I was researching getting a TT I found so much wonderful support and information on the Plastics Forum.  Honestly you will find someone who has the answers it was awesome for me.  Good Luck!  My TT was the best thing I ever did (besides WLS of course).  I had 10lbs of skin removed.  You're lucky to not have too much!  Karianne

HW-244, SW-234, CW-207
4/8/04 Lap-band-Goal weight for 5 yrs, Tummy Tuck 6/23/08
Lap-band Leak 4/2011, Revision to Gastric Bypass 4/5/12

Ladytazz
on 4/11/12 3:59 am
I would wait at least a year after you get to your target weight.  Your body will naturally go through a period of weight redistribution where things shift and move around and you may find in another year that things aren't as bad as you think right now.
I know last year my arms were really bad and I would have loved to have it taken care of.  Now it doesn't seem so bad.  Not that things have really tightened or anything, it just seems to look a lot better then it did.
I'd still love a LBL and thigh lift, that hasn't changed and probably won't no matter how much I redistribute but I guess I can live with it.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

shannon0731
on 4/11/12 6:07 am - LA
thanks, tazz, good perspective!! Makes sense
I'm Ready!

Carol S.
on 4/11/12 7:09 am - Milwaukee, WI
 Make sure to take a look at what your insurance covers (some will only pay for plastics after WLS for a certain amount of time) when you're considering a time line.

Congratulations on your weight loss.  In my humble opinion, light weight or heavier, we're all a great big family!
Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 326 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 305 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 259 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 330 views