When did you stop

Beth_Buffy
on 4/21/12 12:09 pm - cicero, NY
iam just wondering how far out was everyone when they stoped losing weight .iam gratefull for what i have lost iam almost 9 months out and have not lost any weight in the last 2 months so iam thinking iam done

poet_kelly
on 4/21/12 12:23 pm - OH
About 18 months post op.

It would be very unusual to stop losing at just seven months out but I guess it's possible.  Have you lost all the weight you want to lose?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Beth_Buffy
on 4/21/12 12:29 pm - cicero, NY
i only want to lose about another 15 to 20 pounds but if i dont i am happy where iam

THE_life10
on 4/21/12 12:39 pm
RNY on 03/26/12
Congrats on your success!

Height: 5'9 Hw: 285 Sw: 272  Cw: 167 Surg. goal: 165

1m: -20 2m: :-18 3m:-10

4m:-12 5m:8 6m:-4 7m:-3 8m-10:-28

lesserman
on 4/21/12 3:26 pm - Chicago, IL
From what I've read here, consensus seems to be that there will be one or two plateaus over the course of the first year of weight loss but that at the end of that year, one's weight will have stabilized, mostly...from there it's maintenance with maybe a slight gain here and there.

I'm hoping that in early May I begin to see significant weight loss...we'll see, though...

Weight at Heaviest: 320 lbs. 
Weight at Surgery:
283.6 lbs.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion...

ready_2_live
on 4/21/12 4:13 pm - Niceville, FL
 I am more than two years post-op and not only am I still losing, I'm actually trying to maintain and not lose anymore. However, I've been very, very ill for several  months now so I'm thinking that might have something to do with the continued weight loss. 
Leisa L.
on 4/21/12 7:05 pm - long beach, CA
RNY on 03/19/12 with
 Sorry to hear you've been ill. I hope you can get your weight up to where you are most healthy at.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/21/12 4:49 pm - OH
 You are probably not completely done.  I had a nine week stall at about 9 months out.  My weight loss dropped dramatically after that, and  came to a crawl after 12 months, but I continued to lose very slowly until 20 months out.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Beth_Buffy
on 4/21/12 11:07 pm - cicero, NY
well thank you everyone so maybe iam in a stall i guess we will just have to wait and see.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 302 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 346 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 306 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 302 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics