What's needed???

AnaNinaMA
on 5/5/12 1:00 am - MA
RNY on 06/06/12
 I'm scheduled for my surgery on the 5 of June and have been make lists of foods and vitamins I'll be needing. SOoO should I invest on serval forms of protien shakes, chewable vitamins and other items. I hear a lot that people that their unable to tolerate certain types of shakes and at times are unable to swallow vitamins cause of nausea. I'm aware that everyone is different just don't want to arrive home and have to go out shopping cause I didn't have back up plan. Thanks for any input. 
poet_kelly
on 5/5/12 1:02 am - OH
Get samples of many different protein shakes so that you have protein when you get home from surgery and can see what you like.  Get enough vitamins for the first few weeks and then if you decide you don't like those, you can get something different.  Don't stock up on anything until after surgery, but have some protein and some vitamins to get you started.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

WhoIWantToBe *.
on 5/5/12 1:17 am
RNY on 01/10/12
I'd recommend some shaker bottles and/or a Magic Bullet or Ninja blender (unless you have a really good blender that can handle ice.)  They'll get the lumps out of your shakes.

Also, make the rounds (in person or on the phone) of all your prescribing doctors and get your prescriptions changed to non-extended-release versions.  

- Barb, who is at GOOOOOOAAAAAAL!

HW: 274  SW: 244  GW: 137 CW: 137!
              Keep on swimming!  Keep on swimming! 

(deactivated member)
on 5/5/12 1:32 am - WA
pill crusher
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 324 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 246 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?