Update at 7 months out

littlewitch1973
on 5/5/12 3:28 am - NY
I had surgery almost 7 months ago - September 21st, 2011. 

To date, I have lost:

124.9 pounds

17 inches from my waist
4.25 inches from my neck
6 inches from my biceps
3.5 inches from my forearm
10 inches from my chest (but not a single cup size!)
18 inches from my hips
11 inches from each thighs
4 inches from each calf

I have lost a total of 6 feet, 1 inch from my body! I went from a size 38 to a size 22 (currently). A size 5X to a size 2X / XL, and my shoe size went from a 9 to an 8. 

I am doing the C25K and 30DS, as well as strength training for the Warrior Dash. I am able to run up and down the stairs in my house, stand up to put on my socks, clean my house in a few hours, by myself, and I love being active. 

I still have about a hundred pounds to lose, but I am confident it will happen. Weight loss has slowed down SIGNIFICANTLY in the last few months. I have lost only 5 pounds in the last month, but I also know that I am still losing. I have always feared that after six months, the weight loss would stop, and I would still weogh almost 300 pounds, and be miserable. I still have that fear now and then, but also have to be optimistic that this will work

For those out there, just starting on your journey, or at a stall (I hit one that lasted 6 weeks!) just know that it will pass - the losses will happen if you stay focused. I wish I could figure out how to post pictures - I recently saw the pre-op pictures of myself on my computer, and realized I really HAVE come a long way! Pictures and measurements tell me more of a story than the weight loss does. I also can tell by my workouts - I started out being able to do just barely 20 minutes on the elliptical, and going about .3 miles on it, to using the elliptical as my warm up for 20 minutes and conquering a mile in that time!! 

Today, I weigh in at 275 pounds. I am learning how to jog, taking a Piloxing class, strength training, and actually looking forward to the Warrior Dash this summer. I have a long ways to go in this journey, but I am looking forward to each and every step of it!!! 

Christy L.
on 5/5/12 4:35 am - TN
Wow!  Congratulations!  I had surgery less that 2 weeks ago so I find your success very inspirational!  Keep up the good work!!

A. C
on 5/5/12 4:41 am
that's amazing!
thanks for sharing.. i'm also more active now (considering c25k someday haha) and love it too - although i must admit that i still have to convince myself the whole time on the treadmill that I'M NOT GONNA DIE and I CAN DO THIS. it's hard, but worth it

thanks again and good luck!

HW: 376   SW: 354  

janers123
on 5/5/12 10:18 am - UT
Congratulations! Thanks for sharing. This helped lift me up!

chicuelagirl
on 5/6/12 9:12 am
Congrats I had surgery exactly a month after you... I too fear that I won't lose more weight. I had a 4 week stall and it was scary

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 290 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 215 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 283 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 215 views