Protein Shakes =Gas problems ????

AUDREY A.
on 5/8/12 5:15 pm - McKinney, TX
Revision on 03/21/12
Since I have been having alot of problems with Gas (yes the real smelly kind -TMI) I
decided to change my diet around a bit.  So today I decided I was not going to have
my regular Lean Chocolate Shake from GNC and I was not as gassy has I have been.
So my question to to you veterans on the board  can certain protein shakes cause
alot of gas ????
Here are the "other ingredients" that are in the shake:
Other Ingredients:  Filtered Water, diafiltered skim milk, Proprietary Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Milk Protein Isolate, Calcium Caseinate), Less Than 2% of : Sunflower, Safflower and/or Canola Oil, Cocoa processed with Alkalo, Maltodextrin 807, Vitamin and Mineral Blend: (Biotin, Folic Acid, Cholecalciferol, Vitamin A Palmitate, Manganese Sulfate, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Sodium Ascorbate, Chromium Chloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Ferric Orthophosphate, Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Selenite, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Phosphate, Potassium Phosphate, Magnesium Phosphate, Thiamine, Potassium Citrate, Cyanocobalamin, Potassium Iodide, Niacinamide, Zinc Amino Acid, Phytomenadione, Copper Amino Acid), Lactase, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Cellulose Gel, Cellulose Gum, Acesulfame Potassium, Datem, Sucralose, Carrageenan, Salt

Thanks,

Audrey

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/12 9:27 pm
RNY on 04/18/12
Could you be lactose intolerant?  There is skim milk in your shake.

I am horribly intolerant to lactose now.  I get really gassy to the point of it being painful. 
Heatherp2363
on 5/8/12 10:12 pm
I drink the same shake 3 times a day I am 16 days out and have had no problems

poet_kelly
on 5/8/12 10:39 pm - OH
Sounds like lactose intolerance to me.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

AUDREY A.
on 5/9/12 3:29 am - McKinney, TX
Revision on 03/21/12
Thanks everybody... that does make alot of sense now, will have to switch to something
else like maybe muscle milk??

Audrey

Recent Topics