Does anyone feel skinny?

elaynew
on 5/8/12 9:59 pm - Mohegan Lake, NY
I know that I have done pretty well for myself - Today is my surgiversary of 1 year and 5 months and I have lost 174 lbs. I am definately just about done losing and am only 12 lbs from my goal (although if I stay where I am I'm ok with that 'cause I am much healthier now then I was before but we all know that )

My question is - am I ever going to feel skinny? Does anyone else feel skinny?

I think a lot of it still has to do with the loose skin also 'cause it still looks like I have a gut (under a shirt) because I do - a gut of loose skin lol. And I'm very self conscious of the skin on my legs.

I am 5'4" and 162 lbs. I wear a medium dress, size 10 pants (although an 8 would fit my waist but not over my legs cause of the skin) and a medium-large shirt (depending on the cut). I definately feel better about myself but I just don't know if I'll ever look in the mirror and consider myself skinny.

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/12 10:06 pm - waukesha, WI
Congrats on your weightloss!  No, I do not feel skinny.  I feel fat ugly and disgusting most of the time.  The loose skin makes me feel even worse.  I have about 7 lbs to loose.
Lori P.
on 5/8/12 10:08 pm - Kenosha, WI
Lots of us have "issues" with this!

Some days I feel skinny...and I should as I wear a size 2....others I feel big as a house.  

SW 212 / Goal 130 / Current 130

sunnydelightinpa
on 5/8/12 10:10 pm - Dawson, PA
I feel the same way and I'm 5'8 and I weigh 157. But to help with that just hold a before picture up to your now picture to help you see the difference. Your right about the extra skin. It does make us look bigger then what we would normally look.

Laura in Texas
on 5/8/12 10:14 pm, edited 5/8/12 10:51 pm
Me, me, me!! It took plastics and getting rid of the extra skin, but after 3.75 years since surgery, I finally feel skinny. Life is good!!

Laura

Edited to add, I still think of losing 5 more pounds to get "skinnier" but I am happy where I am at

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

LBinSC0712
on 5/8/12 10:25 pm

I still feel like the fattest girl in the room!  I don't know when the head will catch up with the weight - its frustrating.  Sometimes when I go to buy clothes - I still go to the bigger sizes and I have to remind my self that I can wear a 12!  I am looking into plastics now and hoping to do around years end - maybe that will help.

Congrats on your loss!

fickleme
on 5/8/12 10:26 pm - Bessemer City, NC
I wish I felt skinny!... I am 5'4 and weigh 136.2 lbs... I wear a size 4 jeans now but I still feel fat... I think you are right though... I think it is the excess skin that keeps us from feeling thin... I can't wait to get plastics... hopefully one day I will look in the mirror and be satisfied with the reflecton looking back... don't get me wrong I am proud of my accomplishments and I know I have done well but I would like to just feel skinny too :)
laura_vermont
on 5/8/12 10:33 pm
Still feeling fat here too.  I'm wearing a size 2, but feel like thunder thighs due to the skin. 
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

Monica M.
on 5/8/12 10:35 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
depends on the situation.
When i'm scooching behind someone's chair in a crowded room, yes.

When i look at my "gut" under my clothes, no.

When i look at my boobs, yes.

When i'm sitting on the toilet and have to move around to get comfy, yes.

WHen my hubby's got his hand on my belly, no.

When someone asks me to try on a costume at rehearsal, and i say yes without wondering if its going to fit, yes.

Half yes, half no.

Zeigled
on 5/8/12 10:42 pm - Parkton, MD
Not 'skinny' but also not 'morbidly obese' - I think I still am but I may just be obese at this stage.  I'm down 142lbs and have 59 to go to goal - which is 140 (on the high side for 5'3" but right for me I think).  Looking at pre and post pictures helps me feel much better.  Healthwise I feel great.
HW 357 SW 341   

Most Active
Recent Topics