kinda off topic bu tnot really..to all your greek yogurt eaters...

grmadeb01
on 7/6/12 5:31 am - FL
i was wondering if those that eat the greek yogurt could save me the tin foil top thingy, i persoannly eat the OIKOS brand the 6 ox one and it as a tin foil thing i have to pull off, i think the chobani has the same thing....

i am needing these tops for a craft porject, i have recently gotten into recycling items into crafts...im having a blast, but im needing these....could you give them a quick rinse and then let me know when you have a few,, it should not cost too much to mail them out...they arent that heavy of an item....

my plan is to make tin foil beads out of them...would be nice to have the nice uniform size and colors on them,
someone mentioned that the fage ones may have that tin foil top too...

again thanks folks
have a great day
debby
poet_kelly
on 7/6/12 5:34 am - OH
I used to make a lot of paper beads but never made foil ones.  That should be interesting.

I don't buy a whole lot of yogurt, I usually make my own, but I buy it sometimes and I'll be happy to save them for you.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

FinallyTime
on 7/6/12 11:06 am - WI
 How do you make your own yogurt?
poet_kelly
on 7/6/12 11:12 am - OH
I've seen different ways to do it, but I do it like this.

I heat milk in a pan over medium heat until it reaches 180 degrees.  I use a thermometer to make sure it doesn't get too hot.  Stir occasionally.  Then I take it off the burner and let it cool for about 20 minutes.

I put a couple tablespoons of plain yogurt in Mason canning jars, pour the milk into the jars, put lids on them and shake well, so the yogurt is all mixed in the milk.  Then take the lids back off.

The jars need to be kept about about 115 degrees for about four hours.  I do that by filling my crockpot partway with water, setting it on low, and putting the jars in the crockpot.  I've heard other people sit the jars on a heating pad.  I know one person that puts them in her food dehydrator.

After four hours, I put the lids back on the jars and stick them in the fridge.  Don't shake, don't stir.  Leave them alone for at least eight hours.  I usually leave them over night.

Then you can stir and eat, or if you want thicker yogurt (like Greek yogurt), strain it.  I line a mesh collander with cheesecloth and put the collander over a bowl, then pour the yogurt into the collander and stick the whole thing in the fridge for about two hours.  Some of the whey drains out and you are left with thicker yogurt.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Blondie76
on 7/6/12 6:13 am - AL
I make my yogurt too but from time to time buy it. Are you wanting the tops from the big or little containers?
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 323 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 245 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 311 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views