Am I normal?

bridie_53
on 7/8/12 12:08 pm - IL
RNY on 05/16/12
 (Only answers to the question will be entertained, already know that mentally I am not.
So, I am 7.5 weeks out and I feel great! I eat around 80 gms of protein everyday, but that is all I eat. I am supposed to eat protein first. By the time I eat my protein which is about 1-2 oz per meal I don't have room for anything else. IS THIS NORMAL FOR MY STAGE? 

poet_kelly
on 7/8/12 12:10 pm - OH
Yep.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

bridie_53
on 7/8/12 12:33 pm - IL
RNY on 05/16/12
 OK. Thanks!

fashionistafriday
on 7/8/12 12:50 pm, edited 7/8/12 12:50 am - CO
I'm going through the same thing at about the same time and my nutritionist assures me that, yes, we're doing the right thing! Now, as for normal... ;)

“Everyone faces defeat. It may be a stepping-stone or a stumbling block, depending on the mental attitude with which it is faced.?

RNY - June 8, 2012 and June 11, 2012

BugdocMom
on 7/8/12 2:53 pm - CA
It's actually quite impressive that you manage to get in that much protein daily. Great job!
ElleBW
on 7/8/12 3:23 pm - WA
You are totally on track and doing great! That is a lot of protein but that's what your body needs right now. I am around 9 months out and finally my doctor said I could relax a little with the shakes and try to eat what I need, but I love summer for fresh fruits and veggies and let myself have some of those if only for the fiber. Keep up the good work!

Elle BW
Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some sort of battle.                                                                                        
                                                                                               Paulo Coelho    

THE_life10
on 7/8/12 6:21 pm
RNY on 03/26/12
You're doing great!

Height: 5'9 Hw: 285 Sw: 272  Cw: 167 Surg. goal: 165

1m: -20 2m: :-18 3m:-10

4m:-12 5m:8 6m:-4 7m:-3 8m-10:-28

ToNewBeginnings
on 7/8/12 10:01 pm
Yes, normal. It was a chore for me to get in 60. I ate all protein, felt I had no room for veggies or fruit.

Larry Wassmann
on 7/8/12 10:55 pm - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12
Yes I think that is normal. If I eat soft foods, like scrambled eggs, cottage cheese for example, I can eat 4oz with no problems. But if I eat solid foods like chicken or meat of any kind I can only eat about 2.5oz at most. Last night we had some chicken that my wife make with some great bran coating on it. It tasted so great. I felt I was pretty full, but it was so good that I pressed on and at 4oz of it. Guess what I tossed it up. So I think I must keep my solid food down a bit, and it looks like you are doing the same thing. So I guess you are normal. Now for me, well everyone here knows I have big time problems and probably should be put in a padded cell for my own good and the good of others on this web site.  

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

bridie_53
on 7/9/12 12:36 am - IL
RNY on 05/16/12
Maybe I should join you Larry, we could have a blast bouncin off the walls!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 294 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 287 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 147 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views