support group meetings

Marissa A.
on 7/19/12 4:23 pm - CA
 Hi guys!

Does anybody know if there are any support group meetings  around San Diego, sometimes I think It would help me a lot to know people who has gone through the same procedure and share recomendations, experiences or just try to give peace of mind. SOmetimes I feel like my family or friends around don't seem to understand how this works and how I feel etc... Thanks!!
poet_kelly
on 7/19/12 4:24 pm - OH
I'm sure there are pleny around a big city like that.  Most bariatric surgeons seem to offer them and many will allow anyone to attend, not only their own patients.  You can also check with any hospitals that do WLS.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Marissa A.
on 7/20/12 4:09 am - CA
 but how do I find them kelly? Should I google it or just call some surgeons to ask maybe?
poet_kelly
on 7/20/12 4:28 am - OH
I would just look in your local phone book.  Usually, if you look up "physicians," they then list doctors by specialty.  So I would just start calling the ones that are near you and asking if they have support groups and if they are open to the public.

There is also a forum here on OH for each state.  You might post in the California forum and ask if anyone has info about support groups in your area.  I don't know how much activity there is on the state boards, though.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 307 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 80 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 80 views