Swallowed a cherry pit

sniffles722002
on 7/28/12 12:09 pm - Puyallup, WA
Am a bit freaked out. I accidentally swallowed a cherry pit. Hoping it will go through ok. Anyone else do this?  How did everything turn out?

Zeigled
on 7/28/12 12:22 pm - Parkton, MD
Oh no, you're going to grow a cherry tree in your stomach  ...   just kidding.  I think as long as it doesn't get stuck, you don't feel pain, etc.  It should pass through.  I swallow lemon seeds (much smaller) fairly often from my iced tea and have not had any issues.

HW 357 SW 341   

RonSudol
on 7/28/12 12:22 pm - NJ
are cherry pits on your Nuts Plan?

---------------(Starting Weight - 365) ------------ (Current Weight - 165) ------------    

poet_kelly
on 7/28/12 12:29 pm - OH

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/28/12 12:25 pm, edited 7/28/12 1:15 am - OH
Someone did this earlier this week (or last weekend) and posted about it. Although it isn't good for anyone to swallow cherry pits, unless you are very early out (in which case, you shouldn't be eating cherries at all!) your stoma is big enough to allow a small cherry pit to pass through.

I am 50 years old and have been eating cherries most of my life and even as a child I do not remember swallowing a pit, so it surprises me to see two posts in one week about people swallowing pits especially since RNYers are supposed to chew everything to mush before swallowing...

Lora
Edited to fix stupid iPad autocorrect... Sorry for the sentence that was almost gibberish!

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

mat0174
on 7/28/12 12:27 pm
Never done that before, but I guess it can happen lol. I think you should be fine, but if you start feeling wierd, you might want to get some kind of medical attention. If you start having abnormal pain then I'd go to the ER.
dizzylizzy19
on 7/28/12 1:24 pm - VA
RNY on 09/17/12
I love cherries.  I "invested" in an Oxo Cherry Pitter (http://www.amazon.com/OXO-Good-Grips-Cherry-Pitter/dp/B000NQ 925K)

I absolutely LOVE it
Lady Lithia
on 7/28/12 2:00 pm
I've heard this on here every couple of months for years. I don't remember ANYONE who swallowed a pit who didn't know pretty darn quick if they'd have a problem.

Look at it this way: if it's smaller than some of your pills (and they are) then it'll pass through the stoma and your body will process it as it does anything else like that. If nothing else, a lot of fiber.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Most Active
Recent Topics