Does anyone...

Beachywaves22
on 8/2/12 3:33 pm
RNY on 07/30/12
 Does anyone use little 1-2oz bowls for their food? If so, where did you get them? I'm trying to find some.

Dave Chambers
on 8/2/12 3:56 pm - Mira Loma, CA
1-2 oz small cups are typically available at restuarant supply stores. Smart & Final stores in southern CA has them.  They are typically used for ketchup, coctail sauce, tartar sauce at many fast food outlets. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Beachywaves22
on 8/2/12 3:59 pm
RNY on 07/30/12
 I do have a smart and final! I'll check there.

OH2012
on 8/2/12 4:35 pm - OH
On August 2, 2012 at 10:33 PM Pacific Time, Beachywaves22 wrote:
 Does anyone use little 1-2oz bowls for their food? If so, where did you get them? I'm trying to find some.
In your local grocery store, check in the resusable plastic container section (by the sandwich bags and foil, etc...).  They may have very small round ones, in additional to the various rectangular containers - that are mostly seen.

Btrue2u
on 8/2/12 5:30 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
Dollar store always has lots of small bowls

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

Strjen
on 8/2/12 5:51 pm - Fargo, ND
RNY on 02/22/12
Walmart carries the little 2 oz containers with lids like Dave was talking about. They are with the paper products & disposable cups, bowls & plates section. I bought them to start out with.

Highest weight : 315 lbs, Surgery weight: 298.5 lbs, Current weight: 183.5 lbs

Sara L.
on 8/2/12 6:13 pm
I have some small bowls from Pier 1, they hold almost 4 ounces when filled to the rim....you don't have to fill it to the rim!  They have a bunch of different small dishes for tasting menus.

When I first started out I used some 2 ounce freezer containers that I bought from Gardener's Supply.....they were meant to freeze pesto in individual portions.  They worked great at the beginning. 

The only problem with the tiny bowls is that you can't stir stuff in them without making a mess.  I  bought a bunch of the Ziploc brand containers in the 4 ounce size....I marked the different ounce lines on the outsides with a Sharpie.  This made it easy to spoon in 1/4 cup of yogurt and then have enough room in the container to stir in some protein powder.

Everyone finds their own groove, and what works for them....don't forget to think about  fitting the new stuff in with your other dishes, aesthetics are still important!!!

Good luck finding something that will work for you!

Sara in Maui

a_better_life81
on 8/2/12 10:09 pm - Concord, NC
RNY on 07/24/12
 In the paper plate section at Walmart, they have a package of these plastic 2 oz containers with lids. I bought a bunch of these and they are perfect. I can freeze food in them, take my medications in them and measure my food in them. 
In the storage bowl section of Walmart they have 1/2 cup containers with lids that come in a five pack. I use those and fill half full with stuff now that I am on pureed foods. They are good for storing premeasured things as well. 

Dani Dutch
on 8/2/12 11:37 pm - Netherlands
you can also use toddler bowels. Most are dishwasher and microwave safe.
Neen L.
on 8/3/12 12:29 am - Arlington, VA
Do a search on Amazon for ramekins. You can usually find them in 2, 4, 6, and 8 oz. sizes. I use them a lot! I love the Le Creuset stoneware ones, but those are expensive. You can get a decent set of 6 porcelain ones for about $10.

Long-term post-ops with regain struggles, click here to see some steps for getting back on track (without the 5-day pouch fad or liquid diet): http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/bananafish711/blog/2013/04/05/don-t-panic--believe-and-you-will-succeed-/

Always cooking at www.neensnotes.com!

Need a pick-me-up? Read this: http://www.lettersofnote.com/2009/10/it-will-be-sunny-one-day.html

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 329 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 324 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 168 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?