new experience today and nervous - sparing

wendydettmer
on 8/3/12 9:40 pm - Rochester, NY
 So, I am sparing in karate class today.  I have to go early for the class.  I have never spared before and i am a bit nervous.  I'm conqured a few fears this week, including going back to the gym to lift weights, which i haven't done in years.

I'm still finding out how to be confident in my own skin, which is a problem i NEVER thought I would have.  But my 7 year old can spar, so I should be able to!  She told me she would give me pointers on the way to class!

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

pattymac65
on 8/3/12 10:22 pm
Oh that sounds so exciting!  You've inspired me... today I shall do something I never thought I would!

karenp8
on 8/4/12 1:44 am - Brighton, IL
I am so proud of you for trying something new! I haven't had surgery yet it is August 29th but I hope I have half as much confidence as you do !! You will do great!
wendydettmer
on 8/4/12 1:59 am - Rochester, NY
thanks guys! It went very well and i had a lot of fun. i was the only newbie in the class, but everyone was very supportive and really want others to succeed.

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

juleskar
on 8/4/12 2:00 am
How very cute that your child is going to give you advice on sparing. You are creating memories for both of you that will last a lifetime!!
Most Active
Recent Topics