Started Liquid Diet

CarolinaKelly
on 8/23/12 5:54 am - NC
RNY on 08/29/12
Good morning! 

Yesterday, I started my seven day liquid diet (my surgery is next Wednesday, the 29th).  I had a super busy day and wasn't prepared so I paid dearly for not consuming enough yesterday - felt horrible last night.

Today is a new day and I started it with a protein shake.  I plan on doing better so I do not feel poorly by the end of the day.

I welcome suggestions for things to eat (drink) during these seven days. 

Thanks!
Kelly
artroxy blue
on 8/23/12 6:57 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 Did they give you a list of acceptable food/liquids for the liquid diet?

I was OK'd for the following:

2-3 servings of fruit/day

1 can of Healthy Choice Garden Vegetable soup OR 1 large garden salad with balsamic vinegar (or another vinegar)

SF Jello, SF Popsicles--I limited myself to two per day(2 SF Jello cups, 2 SF Popsicles, or one of each)

At least 64oz. of clear liquids like water, Crystal Light, Vitamin Water Zero, Sobe Life Water, broth, etc.  

I also had 4 shakes per day (Bariatric Fusion/Unjury)
CarolinaKelly
on 8/23/12 7:29 am - NC
RNY on 08/29/12
They want me to keep it to 800 calories/day so I am doing a few proteins shakes (Atkins) and lots of decaf green tea.  I can have one cup of steamed veggies per day...thinking that the soup you suggested might fall into line with that since the broth is most likely acceptable as well.

Yes, to the popsicles and jello.

Seems like I am on track.  I have heard of others having cream of mushroom soup, but I might call my surgeons office to ask about that.

Thanks!
artroxy blue
on 8/23/12 7:54 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 I was told no cream soups until I'm at a later food stage. It's too high in fat, so it defeats the purpose of shrinking your liver. 
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 235 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 70 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 70 views