Hey Fat Girl..

aseg21
on 9/1/12 2:22 pm - Miami, FL
 Yes, you. The one feigning to not see me when we cross paths on the running track. The one not even wearing sports gear, breathing heavy. You’re slow, you breathe hard and your efforts at moving forward make you cringe.   You cling shyly to the furthest corridor, sometimes making larger loops on the gravel ring by the track just so you’re not on it. You sweat so much that your hair is all wet. You rarely stay for more than 20 minutes at a time, and you look exhausted when you leave to go back home.  You never talk to anyone. I’ve got something I’d like to say to you.   You are awesome!   If you’d look me in the eye only for an instant, you would notice the reverence and respect I have for you. The adventure you have started is tremendous; it leads to a better health, to renewed confidence and to a brand new kind of freedom. The gifts you will receive from running will far exceed the gigantic effort it takes you to show up here, to face your fears and to bravely set yourself in motion, in front of others.

You have already begun your transformation. You no longer accept this physical state of numbness and passivity. You have taken a difficult decision, but one that holds so much promise. Every hard breath you take is actually a tad easier than the one before, and every step is ever so slightly lighter. Each push forward leaves the former person you were in your wake, creating room for an improved version, one that is stronger, healthier and forward-looking, one who knows that anything is possible.
  You’re a hero to me. And, if you’d take off the blaring headphones and put your head up for more than a second or two, you would notice that the other runners you cross, the ones that probably make you feel so inadequate, stare in awe at your determination. They, of all people, know best where you are coming from. They have heard the resolutions of so many others, who vowed to pick up running and improve their health, “starting next week". Yet, it is YOU who runs alongside, who digs from deep inside to find the strength to come here, and to come back again.   You are a runner, and no one can take that away from you. You are relentlessly moving forward. You are stronger than even you think, and you are about to be amazed by what you can do. One day, very soon, maybe tomorrow, you’ll step outside and marvel at your capabilities. You will not believe your own body, you will realize that you can do this. And a new horizon will open up for you. You are a true inspiration.   I've been where you are at and I bow to you.  

Lowest Weight: 145 lbs
Current weight: 148.6 lbs

Total Loss: 226 lbs

moviechick00
on 9/1/12 3:01 pm
Revision on 05/17/12

hw 255 Realize band 2/10 lw 206 (slipped/moved caused lots of pain)
weight pre-op 225 revision RNY 5/17/12
worldzmine2
on 9/1/12 3:04 pm
Thank you for the inspiration!
marye140
on 9/1/12 4:00 pm - DE
Love this!

HW: 298   SW:263  CW:139   RNY 8/1/12

ready2be140
on 9/1/12 4:51 pm - WA
RNY on 08/29/12
 Right on!!  I loved this post-I am going to paste itin my journal
Wrapdiva
on 9/1/12 5:26 pm - Auburn Hills, MI
RNY on 11/05/12
This is beautiful. 

"In order to ACHIEVE something different, you need to DO something different"

tgrlnh
on 9/1/12 5:27 pm
RNY on 06/05/12
This made me teary. I want to put it on my mirror to look at every day before I go to the gym.

HW 351 SW 314 CW 140 ~ Surgery Day 6/5/12 - The first day of the rest of my life!

Cleopatra_Nik
on 9/1/12 5:43 pm - Baltimore, MD
Like.
Amy D.
on 9/1/12 5:51 pm - VA
RNY on 03/13/12
Wonderful!

HW: 272 lbs. (BMI 49.7)     SW: 237 lbs. (BMI 43.3)    GW: 140 lbs. (BMI 25.6)   
aseg21
on 9/1/12 7:51 pm - Miami, FL
It's something I wish I could actually say.. I've talked to a couple of my girlfriends about this and we all feel the same way. When I run past someone who is struggling, gasping, sweating and looking anywhere but at me, I want to stop and tell them this. I want to tell them I've been where they are - struggling to do a single lap around the track, to even breath or to find athletic clothes that would fit my body and that I admire the hell out of them for doing all those things and more.

I want them to know that every single stride is one step closer to their goal. That losing the weight will be the most minor change of all that is coming to their lives by taking these steps. That the confidence, the health, the freedom and the feeling of finally overcoming your demons - those are the big changes. And God, those really give you a new life.

I wish I could say that I deeply admire their courage, their dedication and that none of us are judging them. I'd happily slow my pace and run beside them if didn't think it would embarass them. I'd gladly clap for them or cheer aloud if I thought it would help. 

I hope everyone of you who is struggling as you advance further on your path takes this to heart. I started with one step, one breath, one stride and went home soaking wet, tearful, ashamed and embarrassed of my limitations and last weekend ran a half marathon and felt incredible. It's been a goal of mine for so long. You can do it.. and we all admire you for your efforts.

Lowest Weight: 145 lbs
Current weight: 148.6 lbs

Total Loss: 226 lbs

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 363 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 276 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 206 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 300 views