uh oh. WLS has released my inner shopaholic!

MBsRNY
on 10/8/12 11:51 am - Baltimore, MD
Today I discovered that Ann Tayor has clothes that fit me.  And that I fit in a JJill large easily, no longer  HAVE to wear wide shoes.   And that I can wear a down coat to be warm this winter and NOT look like an armchair waddling down the streeet.  This is great for my ego, not so good for my budget    So 2 pairs of slacks, 2 tunics, 4 tank tops, 1 silk blouse, 1 pair of shoes and 1 pair of boots later....I'm home.  Fortunately, many items were on sale!

HW 270, SW 257, Surgery date: 4/25/12...        
MissK123456789
on 10/8/12 12:17 pm - PA
WLS hasn't affected my inner shop-a-holic.  I've always loved shopping big sizes and now smaller.  I was out at lunchtime shopping in a discount store and saw this fabulous little black dress.  I bought a size smaller so it would fit ina few weeks.  Lo and behold, it fit tonight!!! Size 14!  Woo-hoo!
BezoarGirl
on 10/8/12 12:27 pm - WA
It's a strange feeling buying in the misses sizes now.  I keep thinking they won't fit me.

RNY 8/29/12       5' 9" tall

stlfocus
on 10/8/12 10:36 pm - IA
Go to Goodwill.  I have closets full of Ann Taylor, JJill, Chicos, Cold Water Creek, Liz, Eddie Bauer, Levi, Land's End, Talbots - all purchased from Goodwill brand new with the tags.

It takes a little time, but holy cow, the bargains you get will amaze you. 

Sad to say (not) I have so many clothes I usually wear something once and then pass it on to my daughter or re-donate it back to Goodwill.

And I spent so little on this marvelous wardrobe.

(deactivated member)
on 10/8/12 10:50 pm
WLS released my inner shopaholic too! I went to a thrift store last week for a winter coat and was so excited to see so many fit and were affordable that I bought 3. I love thrift stores since the selection is great and it's very affordable to splurge. Many times I've walked out with several bags of clothes in my smaller size for only $30. Its awesome. After years of dreading shopping, we're allowed to get excited and let that shopaholic out!
Kim S.
on 10/8/12 11:10 pm - Helena, AL
I always loved to shop-whether it was plus or regular sizes.

I was somewhat overwhelmed and daunted by the amount of choices once I got out of the plus sizes.  At first, shopping was overwhelming because I didn't know the "lay of the land".

Of course, it didn't take me long to master shopping in the "regular" section. 

Something I've noticed........"regular" clothes are much more complicated!  There are hooks, snaps, zippers, and such all over the place-and those gizmos that go around your bra strap to keep the straps in place on sleeveless tops/dresses......I can NEVER get those things hooked....there is some part of my wardrobe everyday that requires my hubby's assistance.....

swampwoman
on 10/9/12 2:10 am - Hampton, NJ
Let's not even start talking about jewelry!!!
  Today is the first day of the rest of my life!!                          
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 326 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 365 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 322 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 14 replies · 108 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?