Meal ideas

Beachywaves22
on 12/17/12 2:27 pm
RNY on 07/30/12

I need some help with easy and fast meal ideas? For dinner and also grab and go snacks. Thanks!

slrm2m2
on 12/17/12 3:58 pm - Canada

I tend to rely on the foods below for grab and go meals and mix them up in different combinations to get the calorie and protein level I want for that meal according to how I plan my meals on myfitnesspal.......

cottage cheese with cinnamon

kashi go lean cereal with greek yogurt

eggface mini protein muffins

babybel cheese

hard boiled egg

pepperette sausage sticks

deli meat 

almonds

apple with peanut or almond butter

And I make ahead and freeze eggface egg bites, meatballs, lasagna cupcakes, mini meatloaves so they are grab and go ready when I need them

protein bars

Sandy  Surgery Jan.18,2012 with Dr. Timothy Jackson at TWH.

stlfocus
on 12/18/12 2:35 am, edited 12/18/12 2:35 am - IA

I make up chili and black bean soup and freeze in serving size containers. I grab one out of the freezer for work lunch.

Also I mix up cottage cheese, s.f. jello and a little pineapple.  Cottage cheese will hold awhile in the fridge.

I also make up some high protein meat loaf with cottage cheese as filler instead of bread crumbs or oatmeal and also freeze this in serving size containers.  I add a serving of veggies and my meal is complete.

Cheese sticks, nuts, beef jerky are all quick and satisfying.

I am lucky that I have a tendency to eat the same thing day in and day out, so variety isn't a problem for me.

justinplex
on 12/18/12 9:21 am, edited 12/18/12 5:21 pm - Kilgore, TX
Turkey chili with kidney & black beans, and white chicken chili with navy beans have been great to me. Make big pots, portion it out & freeze whats left after 3 or so days.
 Justin T. Johnson                            
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 324 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 144 views