Butt must be losing its fat!

Bratlyn98
on 1/19/13 11:57 pm - VA
RNY on 12/19/12
So one my fav things to do is to relax in a hot bathtub! I noticed that since surgery I can't relax that long. My butt gets sore. Must be losing my padding! Definitely not on scale. Just in inches! But anyone else have this issue lol

Surgery Date: RNY: 12/19/12

Weight in: 221 lbs

Starting weight: 235 lbs

slashes
on 1/20/13 1:33 am

That is a good thing right? wooo hooo. I always have cushion on my backside skinny or not so for me I always have the padding, lol

Follow My Gastric Bypass Story
This is where I share it all - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

RNY: 01-23-2012 Weight day of Surgery - 286lbs ~ Weight as of 09-13-2013 164lbs

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/20/13 1:58 am - OH

I found the same thing.  Sitting at baseball/football games also hurts, so I have to get up and walk around after about an hour and even within that hour have to adjust my position about every 15 minutes.  I never had a huge butt to begin with, but now it is VERY flat (and kind of saggy).  I actually had more fat ABOVE my butt than on it when I was heavy.

A number of years ago, someone here suggested a special camping mat that is available just at Walmart/Target/etc.  that you can cut down and can be used in the water. I forget exactly what it is called, but you might be able to search on it with "bathtub camping mat"

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Dagne Tripplehorn
on 1/20/13 2:21 am - OR
RNY on 04/06/12

Dr. Oz aired a segment recently on increasing buttage. I didn'****ch it, but maybe it would be worth a look on his Web site.

I think you're lucky being able to get down into and up from a bath tub! It's been many years since I was able to do that.

siamsa1
on 1/20/13 5:23 am
RNY on 07/17/12

Since my surgery I have been noticing all kinds of bones in my body that I never felt before - my butt bones are just a few of them.  If I sit on any hard surface for any given time it starts to hurt and radiate up my back.  This usually means that I have to get up and move around for a bit to calm everything down.  But what hurts more is my tailbone!!  It doesn't matter if I'm sitting on a padded or hard surface - it hurts all the time.  It became very painful for me during a recent plane trip and I had to sit forward in my seat for awhile to alleviate the pain (the fasten seatbelt light was on and I couldn't get up).  Just one of the many issues that we get to experience with weight loss. :)

Jennifer

carolyn8666
on 1/21/13 5:17 am - Roseville, CA

Hello,

I totally understand about the tailbone.  I am 10 months out and it is a constant problem.  I have found these cushions called forever comfy and have them everywhere, car, work desk, dining chairs and I carry one when I go on a plane.  It is the only way I can sit for any longer than 15 minutes and not be terribly uncomfortable.  Good luck.

Carolyn

daphneb
on 1/20/13 3:04 pm - AK

I had the same problem for the first few months, always noticed it at the movie theater when I sat in the chair.  I couldn't get comfortable.  However, over time, as I exercised more and moved around a lot more it got better.  Your body is just adjusting.

LouLouAmbrosia
on 1/20/13 4:59 pm - OH
Lol, I noticed the same thing in the tub last night! So, tonight, I folded a thick towel in the bottom of the tub and sat on that! I'll have to shop for something online made for that use! :)

Height:  5' 2"      HW: 322 (7/31/12)     SW: 292 (10/31/12)     Current:  220 (3/20/13)
GOAL WEIGHT: 140

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 320 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 240 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 300 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??