feeling yucky

desired823
on 1/30/13 5:14 am

My name is brandi, and I had gastric bypass 12/10/12.  I am now 7 weeks out, and I feel like crap.  I honestly went into this feeling it would be easy, physically.  I have been continually dehydrated, always nauseous, not able to keep things down.  I also have a lot of pain, and am at the point where I wish I had NEVER done this to myself.  I either feel really hungry, or the smell of food makes me gag and heave.  I have lost 43 pounds since my surgery and the MA keeps saying I am doing well. I don't feel well!! Every day I look forward to bedtime because I want to sleep so I won't feel sick.  Will someone out there please tell me the truth about they're surgery? All I get is these stories about how everything was so easy afterwards. I need someone who can relate, PLEASE!!

Dee.spunk
on 1/30/13 5:54 am - Sacramento, CA
You need to try to get all your liquids in. If your dehydrated you'll feel nauseous and icky. I'm sure you'd feel better if you got more fluids in.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

ready2be140
on 1/30/13 6:58 am - WA
RNY on 08/29/12

Brandi, I agree with Dee ....try to get in as much fluids as you can - there were a couple of times early on after the surgery that i felt i couldnt get anything more in, and then would literally be miserable and nauseous - but the doc told me i wasnt getting enough fluids so i kept sipping, sipping, sipping, and honestly, i have had a really good experience overall after surgery.     You really are doing so well on the weight loss - dont give up !  Just try to get in as much water as you can.   i use to set my cell phone alarm to remind me to sip sip sip.   

AmberF
on 1/30/13 9:37 am - Atlanta, GA
RNY on 12/12/12
Oh my gosh I feel as if I could have wrote this myself! My surgery was 12/12 and I have also list 43 pounds. I can't get all my fluids in always feel drained and nauseous I still throw up sometimes with liquids. This past Friday I seem my surgeon and he said everything was great and to move onto soft foods which was odd because I just told him I was still throwing up liquids. All I wanted to do was get out of the drs office because him and his muses just kept saying how great everything was and I was like whaaaat? Are they not listening? It was very frustrating but now I feel like maybe I didn't express to them how bad I am really feeling. I go to bed sooo early and I just told my mom yesterday that it'd the only way I feel relief from feeling crappy and I had to drop one of my classes because of my headaches and I couldn't concentrate and I have a 4.0 and this I'd not like me at all. After walking around for more than 10 minutes I feel really sick! Ok now you know there is someone out there feeling the same way and your not alone! That being said I know my issue is I'm not getting in even close to enough fluids it protien and I know that's the problem. However I have an ulcer and some narrowing and have to have an endoscopy in march for my surgeon to open it up a bit. Keep hanging on I know we both did this for a reason and I have to say those reasons to myself everyday to get me through. It's really hard and hopefully it will get better soon
desired823
on 1/30/13 11:48 pm

Thanks Amber!! It is nice to know that everyone did not have this bubblegum, sweet experience with no setbacks!! I just had an endoscopy done last Thursday to open me up because of all the vomiting and dehydration. Turns out my opening was the size of a pin head, and they opened it to the size of a pinky finger.  I am able to keep things down now, but still feel so nauseous.  I have to force myself to remember to drink because I forget. I was put back on clear liquids following the procedure and when I go to the dr today hopefully i can graduate to full liquids again.  I thank you for the kind words and it feels good to know I am not the only one having a rough go at this!! I hope you feel better soon!!

AmberF
on 1/30/13 9:39 am - Atlanta, GA
RNY on 12/12/12
Wow wrote this from my phone tons of typos! Hopefully you get the point lol
newmom35
on 1/30/13 9:47 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 12/19/12

Sorry you not feeling well. Hang in there! I drink alot of peppermint or cinnamon tea. Its warm which helps my tummy and is good for the nausea. Maybe even some gravol to help.

Hugs

Surgery Dec. 19/12
HW - 348lbs
   SW 316lbs               

desired823
on 1/30/13 11:48 pm

I thank you all for the kind words and suggestions!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 269 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 319 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 337 views