What do you do for horrible gas pain that won't go away?

Kelly S.
on 2/4/13 4:25 am

Things are staying down and seem to be moving, but I have had horrible gas pain since Friday that comes in waves, I can barely stand up sometimes.  What do you do?

Kelly

20 pounds lost during two week pre-op diet.

angeleigh
on 2/4/13 4:38 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

Gas X helps when i get like that.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

ncmdgirl
on 2/4/13 4:41 am

Kelly,

Get to the doctor ASAP.  I had surgery in 2010 and was bothered with mild gas here and there.  Then in 2012 it started getting more intense but not more frequent. In December 2012 I had gas pain on a Tuesday after lunch that progressed and had me ill all day. I came home and stayed in bed the rest of the evening and Wednesday morning I was as good as new.  By Wednesday morning at 10 am I could hardly stand up straight. 

I still put off the doc because i would be too embarrassed to go to the ER and I just had to fart.  Well finally the pain was so bad I had no choice and what do you know it was a freaking HERNIA and my intestines had tangled on themselves.  Emergency surgery and now I am as good as new.

GO TO THE DOCTOR NOW!!!

Just a few more steps to wonderland......and believe me I am taking baby steps (ugh).

Kelly S.
on 2/4/13 4:47 am

Yeah, I have tried Gas X and it doesn't help.  Standing up straight is painful if I am able to do it at all.

Thanks

20 pounds lost during two week pre-op diet.

xtine
on 2/4/13 5:01 am - San Jose, CA

I get that quite often.. I take gas x pills when I have problems and it almost always helps. But then I end up with a new issue, can't stop farting lol.

HW: 295 / SW: 273 / CW: 169.4 / GW: 140 / Dream Goal: 120
Height: 5'3.5"  -  *22lbs of my weightloss was lost pre-surgery.

Debbie W.
on 2/4/13 6:16 am - Houston, TX

Kelly,

Please contact your doctor immediately.  I, too, ended up with an intestinal hernia after having pain very similar to what you have described.  Hopefully, it is just gas, but have it checked out just to be safe.

debbie

rocky513
on 2/4/13 6:20 am - WI

Ditto to what the other posters said.  Get to the Doctor.  I have had two bowel obstructions since my RNY. 

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

Most Active
Recent Topics