New Hampshire Snow Photo

MultiMom
on 2/8/13 8:01 pm - NH

The snow isn't supposed to let up for another 2 hours and then snow lightly for the rest of the day without too much more accumulation. The wooden stake in the middle of the photo is more than 4 feet high!! In that spot it is probably between 2.5 - 3 feet high with only about 18" by the door.  We are safe and still have power (knocking on wood) but my dog won't go out, LOL! 

Once it stops I will have to brush off my car, yes that it my car off to the right The snow has drifted up over the hood of my car, oh my.....

Martha enlightened

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

Mal
on 2/8/13 8:12 pm

Hey Martha,

Glad you are holding up in the storm.  I'm in Nantucket and we have the wind and snow now.  Yesterday it was a mix of rain/sleet most of the day and most of last night we had no power, but its back on this morning.  You should have seen the mad dash yesterday at Stop & Shop!!  I've never seen anything like it!

Happy Blizzard of '13!

M'Lane

MultiMom
on 2/8/13 8:18 pm, edited 2/8/13 8:20 pm - NH

I was thinking of you Mal! Yeah, I hit the grocery store yesterday morning. It wasn't too busy, but the night before it was crazy!! (DD works there and reported in) I don't remember (even in the Blizzard of '78) ever being stuck in for more than 2 or 3 days. I am not one prone to panicking anyway.

I'm glad you are well!

Martha enlightened

Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4

wendydettmer
on 2/8/13 8:18 pm - Rochester, NY

nemo came through here yesterday, and made driving home from work awful.  we aren't getting hit as hard as other areas and we didn't lose power this time.  just lots of snow.  it's still snowing now, but it's light.  i'm trying to decide if i want to head out anywhere today or not.  

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

MultiMom
on 2/8/13 8:30 pm - NH

I was scratching my head on the "Nemo" until I just saw on the news a picture of a guy in a Nemo costume shoveling his driveway and they said that some people are calling the storm that.

Martha enlightened

Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/8/13 9:06 pm - OH

Isn't that just the next storm name that was on the list, though?  I know that they name all large storm fronts (e.g. Sandy), not just hurricanes.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

MultiMom
on 2/8/13 9:25 pm - NH

Actually The Weather Channel started naming these winter storms and The National Weather Service isn't very happy about it. I had to use my friend Google after I heard the name wondering where it came from.

Crazy.....

Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/8/13 9:08 pm, edited 2/8/13 9:08 pm - OH

I'm glad you still have power and are faring well other than amount of snow.  I'm a little jealous, actually. We haven't had a really big snow here in two years (we had NO snow last year, which is odd for Ohio) and I have a puppy who very much enjoyed the 2 inches we had a couple of weeks ago.  :)

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

ajagonnigan
on 2/8/13 9:38 pm - MN
RNY on 12/11/12

reminds me of the BIG snow storm we had in Minnesota two years ago. We are next on the list for a snow storm for this weekend,but here (especially in the twin cities) every thing does not "shut down". As a matter fact I'm going to a pub crawl tonight. Good luck. Stay safe and warm.

exohexoh
on 2/10/13 6:02 am - West Chester, PA

a lot shut down here in manhattan during nemo. there was no one out on my block friday night and usually its pretty loud. the fashion week shows still went on, but everyone that is going to them is pretty much in that area anyway the entire week

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 302 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 77 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 77 views