Liquid Vitamins

abrannume
on 2/24/13 7:40 am - willingboro, NJ
RNY on 04/04/12

Can anyone suggest a liquid vitamin that has everything we need?  I used to use this (Source of Life) pre-op, but I'm not sure if it has all I need.  

poet_kelly
on 2/24/13 7:42 am - OH

ENS from Celebrate has everything we need in a multi, plus 500 mg calcium citrate.  You'd still need iron and B12, and probably additional D3.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

abrannume
on 2/24/13 7:47 am - willingboro, NJ
RNY on 04/04/12

I just looked at their website.  Is that only something you mix or does it come pre-mixed?

poet_kelly
on 2/24/13 7:50 am - OH

It comes as a powder in a little packet, kind of like those individual servings of Crystal Light.  You mix it in water or whatever you want.  You can get it with protein, too, or without protein.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

abrannume
on 2/24/13 7:51 am - willingboro, NJ
RNY on 04/04/12

Thanks, I'll check them out.

Jenni_9yrspostop
on 2/24/13 8:08 am

Check with your surgeon. Mine told me no liquid vitamins. If water runs right through the pouch so will liquid vitamins.

He told me I want the vits to stay in there as long as possible for maximum absorbtion.

Jen 11 yrs post op RNY

Megan K.
on 2/24/13 8:23 am
RNY on 02/18/13

I wonder why that is, as vitamins (or at least it was my understanding) absorbed in the digestive track (intestines)...thats what causes the malabsorbtion and the need for added vitamins (not the reduced size of our tummies)...did your surgeon add any info why he wants the vitamins to stay in your tummy longer?

poet_kelly
on 2/24/13 8:52 am - OH

You're right, we absorb most vitamins in the small intestine.  We don't need them to stay in our pouch.

Sherrie P.
on 2/24/13 8:39 am
RNY on 02/06/13

They will send you an excellent sample pack. 

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

apurdie
on 2/24/13 2:42 pm - CA

Thank you Kelly!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 329 views
What's on your Monday Menu?