can anyone eat salad?

pjb42659
on 3/14/13 5:46 am - OH

I am almost 5 months out and I am dying for a salad but I am terrified to try it.  I have only had cooked veggies so far.  I do well with apples, (no skin) and I have had some Mr. Chicken cole slaw which is very fine cut.  When did anyone else start eating raw veggies like that are in a salad?

poet_kelly
on 3/14/13 5:52 am - OH

I eat it all the time.  I started eating it about two months post op.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Heidi T.
on 3/14/13 5:58 am
RNY on 01/31/12

I waited 6 weeks, I love salad, I ate one today for lunch. I put fresh cooked chicken and cheese on it yummy

rny 1/30/12              
On 1/30/12 I begain my new healthier life, it is not easy, but day by day I will reach my goals.                
Pittsteelers
on 3/14/13 6:32 am - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
I eat salads all the time. I've had no problems with lettuce at all. I don't use alot of lettuce because I add so much protein to my salad, chicken, cheese, beans, etc. good luck when you do decide to try it.

pjb42659
on 3/14/13 7:37 am - OH

thanks!

artroxy blue
on 3/14/13 6:52 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12

I eat it often. I usually eat most of my protein first then have salad so I know I'm not filling up on just salad. LOL

cajungirl
on 3/14/13 6:53 am
I've been eating it since a few weeks out, it's never given me problems.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

65rosesmom
on 3/14/13 7:13 am

I eat salad and cooked and raw veggies all the time.   Every meal I eat has a protein and veggie or fruit component.  I usually leave off any of the carbs, but sometimes I'll have a very small amount of them too.   Salad woks out fine for me.  But I eat my protein first so that I don't get full on the bulky lettuce.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

aesposito
on 3/14/13 7:13 am

I had big problems with lettuce and cabbage early on, but by the sixth month or so I was fine with salad and raw veggies.  Just beware of "low fat" and "fat free" dressings which often have a lot more sugar and chemical fillers than the full fat varieties... I use a bit of full fat ranch or parmesan dressing (or vinegar and oil) on my salads to make them go down easier and it works for me.

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

pjb42659
on 3/14/13 7:37 am - OH

thanks for the info on the dressings, I may not have thought of that

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 235 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 69 views