Do any women suffer from bladder leakage and irregular cycles?

desired823
on 3/13/13 2:58 pm

I have not had a period for 50 days. I am very worried. I have taken two pregnancy tests and they were both negative.  Also, I have noticed since my surgery 12-10-12, I often have urine leak from my bladder.  I don't feel it when it happens, But it happens EVERY DAY AND WHEN I WAKE IN THE MORNING. It makes me smell bad and I am worried they nicked my bladder or something during surgery. Have any of the other ladies out there experienced these problems, and if so, what did you do for it?

Newstart2013
on 3/13/13 4:38 pm
Losing weight can mess up hormones and cause irregular periods. Go see a good gynecologist if your still may think you could be pregnant. Your fat stores are filled with excess estrogen and as more fat is lost more estrogen is excreted messing up your cycles. Your stomach muscles probably aren't as tight as you need them to be. You may even what to try kegal exercises to tighten up your bladder muscles. They aren't hard to do. If your not familiar, when you go to the restroom to urinate, stop and start your urine flow, that helps strength your bladder muscles. You can contract your muscles when sitting, you should be able to see and feel results within a few days or so . I take it you had a open surgery and not a lap. If it still bothersome contact your doctor. Even your gynecologist can help. In the mean time you could use a bladder control pad or a thin max pad for leaks, until your muscles catch up with your body changes it will help minimize odor and wetness. Hope my advice helps.
poet_kelly
on 3/13/13 7:11 pm - OH

Irregular cycles are normal after surgery - I didn't have a period for three months post op.  But the bladder leakage, if that is new, does not sound normal.  Talk to your surgeon.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/13/13 9:23 pm
Period can get messed up due to hormone release while you losing weight. As for leakage - I have that issue when I use artificial sweeteners. My bladder gets irritated. When I cleaned my diet it took me 2 weeks for my bladder control to return to normal. The artificial sweeteners are in so many things even in chewable vitamins. Food allergy may also be an issue.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

MeMinusMore
on 3/14/13 12:44 am
I'm praying for bladder control gets better afterward! I hope you get some relief and answers soon.
cajungirl
on 3/14/13 1:55 am

Menstrual cycles can go haywire early out of surgery.  If you aren't using 2 forms of birth control I suggest you consider it to be safe.

Call your PCP on the bladder leakage you may have an infection that is causing this to happen or something else; no need to suffer through it as it could be a very easy fix.  I had urinary stress incontinence before surgery, losing weight stopped it.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 267 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 316 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 332 views