Hungry all the time HELP year and 4 months out

RainDiva
on 3/20/13 3:46 am
I am a year and 4 months out and I feel hungry all the time even after I eat. I know some of it has to be emotional eating but does anyone have any suggestions other than drink water, exercise or distract myself. Most times this approach doesn't work for me. I do understand that the surgery is just a tool and it doesn't fix our minds however sometimes I feel like I haven't even had surgery with what I can eat. I still exercise but I noticed the small gain in weight over the last two months and of course I am worried I dont want to gain the weight back again, but it seems I am always wanting to eat.

April M.
on 3/20/13 4:13 am - Clarksville, TN
RNY on 03/11/13

You mentioned that you are pretty sure it's emotional eating. Get to the bottom of those issues. As far as bad eating habits, you've taken the first step by admitting you are doing it. Re-commit yourself, get back to basics and remember why you chose this. Put pics of the fat you on your fridge, cabinets etc so you have to see that before you choose what to eat. Also, placing a mirror on the fridge door has helped me. That way I have to look myself in the face and be accountable to myself before and after I close that door. Good luck! You can do this! If it was easy, obesity wouldn't be an epidemic. 

AlohaJen
on 3/20/13 4:27 am
RNY on 09/05/12

April, that is a good idea about putting a mirror on the fridge, I will be doing that this weekend!! thanks....

HW 304   SW 258  CW 199  GW  160?

Tracy91002
on 3/20/13 6:06 am
RNY on 01/17/13

That is a great idea.  Even though I'm in the honeymoon period, head hunger and emotional eating lurks everywhere.  I definitely trying the mirror idea.

Kallen27
on 3/20/13 6:26 am

I am a year and 3 months out and I am going through the SAME thing. I don't have any suggestions but just wanted to let you know you are not alone!

apurdie
on 3/20/13 9:27 am - CA

I am trying to use some great music as a fix for hunger as it gives me the same serotonin rush that food did..

BWB
on 3/20/13 10:18 am

Are you eating ay carbs or sweets?  Once you start on the junk food you can get sucked right back it.  Good food well never taste good again.

madeformore
on 3/20/13 10:38 am - MN
RNY on 06/21/12

Are you getting enough protein in consistantly throughout the day to feel satisfied? That's what makes me feel - and stay - full. If I eat outside of that, I know its not from real hunger. Good luck!

Amy

HW: 270   SW: 245   CW: 172  GW: 160 then we'll see  

Sheri W.
on 3/20/13 11:37 pm - Kansas City, MO

Often when I feel I'm hungry, I'm actually thirsty. Try drinking to fill up your pouch and schedule your meals. As postops, when we eat randomly, rather than scheduled meals, we have a tendency to overeat and not eat the right things.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 329 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 365 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 322 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 130 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?