ok

desired823
on 4/29/13 1:03 pm

I would just like to say I appreciate all the advice and concern shown for me. Since so many people tell me how this is a public forum and I am getting thoughts from people I don't know, then I have the right to say I don't like how a lot of people responded to my posting. that is MY opinion, just like you all gave yours.

I did not have to go to the ER. I got prescription strength Miralax, and an enema and the gates have been opened. 

I don't need people to "hold my hand" but some courtesy is nice.  I would never call a person out of their name, especially not in a community where people are supposed to help you and uplift you. Its bad enough to feel like **** in your physical body, then on top having people call me "dumb as rocks," or I "didn't need to have this surgery," or "don't let the door hit me on the way out." I don't call that a community, I call it CRUEL.

However, I do feel better. I know that God has a purpose for my life and for my daughter's life.  You can't break me down. you all just gave me the boost I need to rise above ignorance.

An just know I will continue to post here. If you wish to comment, all positive feedback is accepted. No one on here needs to be made to feel less than or belittled. not anywhere.

Thank you and God Bless you all!!

honestlinzel
on 4/29/13 1:45 pm - CA

Glad you finally had some relief.  :D

RNY Surgery was on 4/12/2013. Now currently on the Never hungry ever bench

Starting weight: 320lbs

Current Weight:  203lbs

MyLady Heidi
on 4/29/13 3:38 pm

I just read the original thread and the second thread and honestly take all the offense you want but everyone who posted to you did it out of caring, rather it made you feel bad or not, for you to have not gone for a month could have killed you and left you poor daughter with your useless father.  I get you were scared, I also get we have seen people DIE from issues that were not resolved in time.  When you post no bm for a month and you think it is coming back up your throat that screams obstruction.  I know about them unfortunately because my bf's mom has crohns and has had two, nearly died both times because even though she knew the second time it was an obstruction they could not find it.  She was in and out of the hospital until finally one surgeon went in and found and removed it.  She weighs 100lbs because of how little she can eat and how little is absorbed.  I get you don't have crohns but you did have all the red flags waving for atleast a partial obstruction.  The person you found offensive might have saved your life.

Good luck.

Monica M.
on 4/29/13 10:34 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

well said.

JUSTJUNQUIES
on 4/30/13 9:00 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12

Thank you , very well said.

I refuse to be a "yes friend" when someone might DIE

I don't believe she understands the scope of what could have happened to her by her  own inaction

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

poet_kelly
on 4/29/13 5:26 pm - OH

Prescription Miralax is the same as the Miralax you can buy over the counter.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

JUSTJUNQUIES
on 4/30/13 8:57 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12

agree

Band 2005
Bypass 4/4/2012

Monica M.
on 4/29/13 10:38 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

i read through that original thread. I personally messaged you, because i was so concerned for you.

Positive feedback is wonderful, but sometimes we all need a kick in the pants, to get our priorities straight. Not having a bowel movement for a month, in persons with their insides rearranged, like we have had done, could be an indicator of an emergency, a life THREATENING situation. I don't think you understand that.

You got off lucky this time. Next time, you could have an obstruction and die a horrible and painful death.

JUSTJUNQUIES
on 4/30/13 8:56 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12

Monica,

No matter how many times she was told nicely , she still did nothing , even when  I and other's got "rough" with her she still NEVER WENT TO THE DOC OR THE ER ., and now she is "upset" because we are all not "yes friends" and if I recall that post was running for TWO DAYS. The last she posted she was in the car on the way to the doc or ER, obviously she was not , she got a call from a nurse. Fine -whatever

As far as I am concerned when we have this surgery we have RESPONSIBILITIES to our surgery , and to ourselves , and she asked for HELP and she got it , she just didn't like it. I made the mistake of getting caught up in her drama and sincerely worrying about her, It will be a long time before I do that again. She can  blame me and other's and the surgery for all her health problems, but that won't help to solve those problems. ( that she caused)

I hope she has learned a lesson , I know I have *sigh*

no good deed goes unpunished *sad*

Band 2005
Bypass 4/4/2012

desired823
on 5/12/13 1:50 pm

You are so two-faced and phony. you sent a message to my inbox being all sweet and kind and concerned then you post this hot mess on my thread. Not cool at all.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 276 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 323 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 342 views