Emotions - Hormones - when does this end?

Kat1313
on 5/24/13 9:02 am - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13

Ahhhh, geeze, thought I was through with all this weeping and crying. Had a really rough couple of weeks with this early out, but things improved.  Now I'm not quite 2 months out and find myself getting all teary eyed over the silliest stuff (something on tv, something I read, really dumb stuff) again.  Is this normal?  I'm not feeling depressed, went out with friends yesterday and over to my daughter's new house today, so it doesn't seem to be actual depression (I know THAT well).

Anyone have any experience with this?  When does this craziness level off?  Starting to feel like an idiot, crying over tv commercials or Facebook posts from my lovely niece about maternal/baby nursing (nothing bad, it was humorous).  Gah!

Weepy in Florida 

kathyshrinks
on 5/24/13 9:30 am - WA
RNY on 01/18/12

I had the usual emotional chaos a few weeks out and then at about 4 months, I had a bad bout of depression.  The first one lasted 2-3 weeks and the second round lasted about the same.  That said, everyone's different. YMMV

Here's hoping that you get over the hump more quickly!

Kat1313
on 5/24/13 1:34 pm - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13

Thanks for your response, Kathy.  It's good to know someone else has gone through a couple of bouts of this! 

Kathy

LadyLilMax
on 5/24/13 11:06 am - Retirement Ville, AZ

Same here.  Just an emotional roller coaster for about 4 months.  As the fat releases, the hormones release is my understanding of it all and the cause of most of the emotional chaos!  it does pass, hallelujah!

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

Kat1313
on 5/24/13 1:34 pm - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13

Oh, thank you!  I feel a bit better now, knowing that it may take a few months to get through this,

Kathy

Silverbelle69
on 5/25/13 12:32 am - Midlothian, VA
RNY on 06/05/12

I had the same thing, it lasted about 3 months and then it just stopped.

Kat1313
on 5/25/13 1:39 am - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13

Thank you!  Hope is in sight!  If I had something to truly cry over, that would be one thing.....but the silliness of this is what makes it so weird.  Appreciate your response, it makes me feel much better.

Kathy

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 323 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 365 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 325 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 316 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 13 replies · 79 views