Feel Like I'm Losing Control

condrabo
on 5/30/13 3:40 am

I am almost three years out of my surgery. I went from a size 22 to a size 4/6, which I am ecstatic with. The problem is that since January or so, I have thrown all of my good eating habits out the window. I know what to do, but need help getting back on track. I can't remember the start off menus or anything. I know protein shakes in the morning for breakfast, but seem to have lost all sensibility and what to do after breakfast.

A few pointers and pick me ups would help tremendously. I love the way I look now and keep looking back at old pictures of the fat me and reminding myself that I do NOT want to be that girl again, but can't seem to set myself straight. I have gained five pounds since January and do NOT want to go any bigger than a six. My fours are already tight now.

PLEASE HELP!

HW/283/CW 191/SGW 160/PGW 140
Height 5'7"         

Gizzys
on 5/30/13 4:08 am - Canada

Go****s funny how clothes sizes can vary in people.  Looking at your stats.. I am a similar height as you and weigh 150 lbs and my smallest size in jeans is an 8, most are 10's and are fitted snug.  No loose pants for me...

Anyhow, the response I hear most is get back to basics.  Eat min. 75 g of protein first, drink lots of liquids, get in all your vitamins, log your food in an app like myfitnesspal, keep your refined carbs low, exercise, don't drink for 1/2 hour before and after a meal.  Good luck!

I'm 5 ft 7.5 inches tall... 
 "The best way to predict your future is to create it."                   

~ Unknown       

condrabo
on 5/30/13 4:27 am

Thanks... I'll try your suggestion and see if that gets me back on track.

As far as clothes size and fit, it's all in the build of people I think. A co-worker is 5'6 and weighs about 145 and she wears an 8/10. She's a little stockier built than I am though. I have long legs and a fairly long torso and a small waist. I always have to buy my pants in a long or tall. I can wear an 8, but they are always loose on me, with the exception of some brands of dress slacks, which in an 8 fit me pretty good, always a tad saggy in the rear and a little loose in the waist, but fit my thighs.

Height 5'7"         

Dee.spunk
on 5/30/13 5:58 am - Sacramento, CA
Just go back to basics. Measure your portions, eat protein first meals and wait an hour to drink liquids after eating. Some recommend 3 meals a day, others 5-6 smaller meals. I guess whatever works best for you. Dense protein will keep you fuller longer, so steak, chicken and pork. Hope that helps some.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

cajungirl
on 5/30/13 6:23 am

You've gotten some good suggestions.  Let me add at 3 years out you do not need to have a protein shake to get back on track.  Can you eat enough protein through real food?  Since your pouch capacity is bigger than a newbie and you want to stay satiated for a reasonable amount of time choosing a good dense protein with complex carbs would be your best plan.  How about trying something like this:

Breakfast:  crustless quiche bites with some type of meat (ham, bacon, chicken, beef) with spinach and cheese.  Or, boiled eggs and a meat choice, omelet with onions, bell pepper, salsa, ham and add a dollop of Greek yogurt to the top before eating.

Snack:  small apple (or 1/2 apple) with peanut butter, cucumber slices with Greek Yogurt dip, ham and cheese roll up

Lunch:  lettuce wrap with meat, cheese, other raw veggies

Snack:  strawberries (yum) or blueberries (double yum) with a protein rich dip

Dinner:  bunless burger with all the standard burger fixings, baked sweet potato fries (limit the amount) or baked chicken with broiled veggies (my latest craving is eggplant, zucchini, squash and red bell pepper).  I used a little olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper and garlic powder.  Marinate about 30 minutes then broil in the oven to your taste/texture.

As a reminder be sure you are taking your vitamins and not drinking with your meals or at least 30 minutes after.  Move whether it's structured exercise or staying active and not sitting in front of the tv thinking about food or grazing to fill your time.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

condrabo
on 5/30/13 10:53 pm
Thanks everyone. I'm starting my new/old eating habits again today. Appreciate the feed back!
Height 5'7"         

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 324 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 246 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 312 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 5 replies · 89 views
Recent Topics