Head Cold Two Days Before Surgery

Nickeliz
on 6/16/13 9:42 am - Atlanta, GA
RNY on 06/18/13

I am scheduled for surgery on Tuesday, June 18 and I have a pretty bad head cold. It was really bad yesterday and is a little better today, but I'm hoping it will be much better by Tuesday. I did a search of old posts and most say that surgeries typically don't get canceled unless there is a fever so I hope this isn't going to be a problem. I will contact my doctor in the morning, but really hope there there doesn't have to be a postponement.

ambermeg123
on 6/16/13 10:21 am - NY

I had surgery 6/4/13. I had been feeling like a cold was coming on for a few days. While I was on my pre-op liquid diet I was popping Hall's Defense Vitamin C lozenges all the time. They seemed to help, I went the morning of surgery with horrible post-nasal drip, a cough and a runny nose. But no fever. Had surgery that day with no problem. Just do your best to feel better and be honest with them. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Nickeliz
on 6/16/13 10:52 am - Atlanta, GA
RNY on 06/18/13
Thanks. That's how I feel now, but hope to get some good sleep and then wake up feeling better. No matter what, I'll contact the doctor's office tomorrow and let them know.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 271 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 200 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 269 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 139 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 200 views