Just curious to see what everyone's favorite thing to eat is after surgery.

lovedbymany09
on 7/25/13 5:43 am - NC
RNY on 06/03/13

No matter what stage you are at. I just need ideas that are good choices. I'm bored with some of my choices. I'm almost 8 weeks out. But I love eating sliced deli turkey with shredded chesse on toast. Thanks 

The race isn't given to swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...Be Blessed!!!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/25/13 5:55 am - OH

A turkey, ham, and cheese roll-up (but either "naked" or wrapped in lettuce... no bread or tortilla).  You can use cheese slices and layer everything and then roll it all up OR you can start with a cheese stick in the center and roll the meats around it.

It tastes different with different kinds of cheeses (havarti, cheddar, jalapeno, chipotle cheddar) and different proportions of ham and turkey.  I have been having this since about 2-3 weeks post-op and have it several times a week even 6 years out!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

NDHM
on 7/25/13 11:26 am
These roll ups are especially good if you place them in a hot, dry skillet. Turn them to brown on all sides & make the cheese gooey.
sleepykitty
on 7/25/13 6:08 am

As of July 28th it will be 2 months since my surgery.  I am have difficulty eating some meats.  some of my favorites are crackers and peanut butter, cheese Quesadilla, flavored applesauce.  Its not a big variety but  thats it.  what are some of your favorites and any pointers on high protein dishes?

MrsLitch
on 7/25/13 6:22 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

I wasn't allowed bread til 6 mo or so, so I didn't have sandwiches. Still at over a year I have difficulty with bread so don't eat much of it.

I went through phases at different times. Certain things would go down well and settle well so I'd eat them for weeks then I didn't want them anymore and something else would come along that I'd eat for weeks.

Earlier out I loved Spaghetti sauce for lack of better words. I'd brown ground beef and put in a couple tablespoons of sauce and add mozz and parmesan cheese.

I went through two months where crispy bacon from the microwave was my best friend.

I had another phase where meatloaf cupcakes were great.

Skirt steak was next on my list of weeks long foods.

I ate pretty much meat and cheese the first 6 mo with an occasional cracker here and there.

I still eat pretty much meat and then at dinner I have a 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup of pasta or potato 3-4 nights a week. I'm still feeling a lot of restriction thank goodness so once I get my meat in for protein I can't get much else in.

Go to Bariatric Foodie or World According to Eggface blogs to search for recipes there are a ton on there, I'm just a very picky eater.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

cajungirl
on 7/25/13 6:35 am

I wasn't allowed bread that early out and would suggest it not being in your meal plans just yet.  The deli turkey and cheese I would eat rolled up (as mentioned already).  You may also try warming it in a skillet, yummy melted cheese.

Check out Nic http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/ and Shelly's http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/ websites.  Lots of good options!

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Jilly Bean
on 7/25/13 6:36 am - IN
RNY on 07/09/12

Laughing Cow and Wheat Thins, hamburger (no bun), sandwich on toasted lite bread, chicken, fish, and G2.

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

BWB
on 7/25/13 6:51 am

I've lost the bread and bun desire but have an egg tortilla every morning with mushrooms and onions.  That is my favorite meal of the day.  

2nd on my list is shrimp or small lobsters, broiled.

I'm not hungry right now and can't think of anything that would sound good.

Dee.spunk
on 7/25/13 7:14 am - Sacramento, CA
My favorite is beans and cheese. Oh and those meatballs from Costco!

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

PetHairMagnet
on 7/25/13 7:36 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Honestly--right now it is the McDs unsweetened tea plus 1 1/2 scoops (sometimes 2 scoops) of Roadside Lemonade Nectar. I swear, I could drink 200 g of protein that way a day if I did not stop myself. I freaking LOVE it!

The other thing I LOVE is my pretend pizza. And oddly, I was not a pizza fan before surgery.

I keep a bag of precooked ground beef and ground pork (I cook them together) in my freezer. I measure out exactly 2 ounces of meat, 28g of reduced fat Mexican or cheddar blend cheese and a tablespoon of sugar free pizza sauce. Then I stir and put in the microwave for 45 seconds. YUM! It really does taste like pizza and no bread!

For about a month it was scallops and shrimp.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 324 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 176 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?