Back to work?

jbasney
on 8/1/13 9:34 am - Bandon, OR

How long did everyone wait to go back to work after surgery? I am a little over two weeks out and I tried to go back to work but was really sore and have had a lot of pain low in my stomach, like burning tearing pain.  I have decided to take off until next monday which will be almost three weeks off. But I am worried I will still not be ready to go back.

Katie K.
on 8/1/13 9:43 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
Everybody's different. I had barely any pain. I could have gone back the next week but took the whole two weeks that was approved.

RainbowRN
on 8/1/13 10:02 am - OH
RNY on 03/12/13

Its true that everyone is very different.  I didn't go back for 6 weeks.  That entire 6 weeks was very painful.  Not fun!!

HW: 373 GW: 170 HT: 5'10"

jmhuston
on 8/1/13 10:16 am - TX

I don't feel ready to go back but my surgeon says I am ready at 3 weeks. I had surgery 7/16 and go back to work 8/7.   I am sore but I have trouble keeping anything down. Hope it goes well. This is a very emotional time.

LosingSarah
on 8/1/13 10:32 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

I am keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have a lot of pain. I cannot take much time off. I only work part-time only about 3 hours a day M-TH and it's pretty much a sit down job, so hopefully, it won't be so bad considering.

I am hoping to have surgery on a Friday, then take the Monday & Tuesday off, and go back Wednesday & Thursday. Gosh, I hope it all goes well.

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/13 10:45 am

My son had his RNY surgery on Thursday, July 30th, 2011. He came home from the hospital on Sunday. (Only because his surgery was last and he wasn't even out of the PACU until after midnight.) Mondya was a work holiday (4th of July) he was back at work on Tuesday. he felt great. If i feel half as well as he did, i will be happy as a clam.

Missella20
on 8/1/13 11:50 am
RNY on 07/11/13

I'm ok'd to go back to work after 4 weeks. I am at 3 weeks now and I still get very nauseous and would not want to be at work. Weeks 1 and 2 were painful and I would not have been good at work. The times I did go out...appointments, shopping, etc...I was good for only a couple of hours then needed to rest. Co workers who had the surgery all took 4-6 weeks off.

HW 264    SW 234    CW 149    5'4" 

AnchorsAweigh
on 8/1/13 12:01 pm

I went back after three weeks--no pain but very tired.

Ericka K.
on 8/1/13 12:24 pm
I had surgery 7/8 and I'm going back to work Monday 8/5. Four weeks off. There is no way I could have gone back sooner. I do a couple things and then I'm completely exhausted. Good luck to you!
Professor Sonja!!!!
on 8/1/13 12:39 pm - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

My doc said I could go back after 3 days....I went back after 8 weeks (tried to go back after 3 days but yeah that wasn't happening). I'm a professor so my job isn't even particularly physically demanding (other than teaching morning classes and night classes).  I just didn't feel well and I was very emotional also.  

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 318 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 236 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 299 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 71 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 71 views